27

MAKE SOME NOISE!
please?

It takes me a second to get used to the light shinning through the window curtains. A quiet groan comes out of my mouth as I shuffle on the bed, turning my body to the left.

Finally, after a couple seconds my eyes slowly flutter open and adjust to the light. A small smile rests on my lips as I see Billy sleeping peacefully next to me.

I study him for a couple seconds, a bruise appeared on his cheek from yesterday causing me to frown, another bruise had formed overnight on the side of his eye. I cuddle into him further, wanting the most warmth I can have. He smells of faded cologne and his usual Billy scent -if that makes any sense.

I heavily sigh as my mind begins drifting into the thought of how today would play out. I want to go back to sleep and not wake up for today, I didn't want today to start at all.

A couple minutes pass and I feel myself slowly falling into unconsciousness before Billy shuffles in his sleep and brings me back to consciousness.

I stare up at the ceiling debating on whether to get up or stay here and wait for Billy to wake up and then proceed with my day. I weigh my options and decide on the first, it's not like I could fall asleep on my 2nd attempt anyway.

I sigh and rub my eyes as my feet swing over the bed, a small breeze from the window making goosebumps rise on my skin. I look around and spot what I was hoping for.

Quietly walking to Billy's jacket, I take what I looked for. Not caring how much of a disaster I looked, I head back to the bed and sit up with my back pressed against the headboard.

I take the lighter and cigarette box. One, two, three, four. Four strikes and the cigarette between my fingers is lit up. I inhale and a shaky exhale escapes my lips.

I close my eyes as I begin reminiscing yesterday's events. Sunset, Hot chocolate, Neil, Billy, Hotel, Clothes being removed, pleasure, so much pleasure.

I take a long drag but quickly cough, it's too damn early for this. My palm covers my mouth, hoping to stay quite and not awake Billy.

Nevertheless, I get my breathing under control and take a puff of the cigarette, making sure to not almost die this time.

I repeat the process multiple times, too many to count. Once I feel satisfied and the cigarette is close to finishing, I reach over the window edge and smudge the cigarette. I walk to the small bathroom that connects with the room and begin stripping out of my shirt and underwear.

Setting the water to the perfect temperature, I hop in. My muscles immediately relax as I run my hand through my now wet hair.

It isn't until I'm lathering the complimentary shampoo that the curtain opens and I feel a pair of cold arms wrap around me, causing goosebumps to expand all over my body.

I gasp a little, trying to face him as shampoo is still in the way and on my hair. "Goddamn it you scared me."

A breathy laughs escapes his lips, an extremely attractive one. "Good morning to you too." His voice is raspy and I lick my lips, swallowing a gulp.

I quickly finished getting rid of the shampoo as his fingertips brush against my skin, outlining it. My brows drop when I notice that the light shows off the bruises on my arms and waist that wouldn't fade and scars that would never fully heal.

Almost out of instinct I bring my wet hair over my shoulders and cross my arms in front of my stomach. My confidence from yesterday has faded and I'm not back to square one. I sigh realizing that some bruises were on my thighs and I almost want to step out of the shower and leave.

Billy realizes why I'm doing as his brows furrow and his jaw ticks. "You don't have to hide them."

I shake my head and laugh unhumorously. "I hate them."

He sighs and takes my arms, uncrossing them and wrapping them around his neck, bringing our bodies centimeters away. He pulls me closer, "You're beautiful with or without them." He hums in my ear as I smile like an idiot.

I tighten my arms around his neck, not knowing how to reply. I'm grateful for the water that cascades down both our bodies so he can't tell that a tear left my eye.

I wouldn't cry. No matter how comfortable or how much I wanted to, I couldn't allow myself to cry. Instead, I wrap my arms around his torso and burry my face in his shoulder, staying like this for a minute or two.

I didn't need anyone.

If I wanted to, I could spend the rest of my life on my own and be okay.

But that was issue,

I didn't need Billy,

But I sure as hell wanted him.

~
~