15

"Hi Billy," I force a smile on my lips as I stand in front of him, suddenly feeling insecure in my skirt.

A smug smile is on his lips as he looks me up and down, "Well, if it isn't the one and only Lia Collins."

I roll my eyes as my arms cross over my chest, "Let's skip the bullshit, can I have a ride home?" I ask, biting my bottom lips in the process.

He pretends to think, his tongue lapping over his bottom lip as he smiles, "What'll I get in return?"

Now it's my turn to pretend to think, "You wanna know?" I pause and close some of the gap between us, our face inches a part, "You'll get..." I trail off as I begin leaning in to his lips. This causes my heart to accelerate even though I wish it hadn't, even my breath hitches and he doesn't move an inch. Snapping out of it, I return to teasing, our lips are ghosting over each other, "You'll get a really big thank you." I whisper over his lips and pull back with a smirk.

He scoffs at my teasing, "You're acting as if I haven't tasted you," he laughs looking at me as if I'm a joke.

I roll my eyes, "C'mon don't be an asshole, can I just have a ride home?"

"What's a pretty girl like you doing stranded here?" He jokes looking at me with amusement in his eyes.

"Seriously-" I'm interrupted before I can finish.

"I'll ask again, what are you doing here stranded?" He asks less nicely and I sigh, giving up.

"Steve drove off because we got in a fight." I say with a raised brow and crossed arms.

He laughs with amusement, before he can say anything, a red head -max comes with a skateboard in her hand, "Sorry I'm late, I had to get some catch up homework." She says as she begins opening the door.

"Next time you're late, you're skating home you little shit." He threatens and I stay quite.

He puts out his cigarette and nods his head towards the car, "Get in." And without another word, I get in as Max is putting on her seatbelt.

"I don't know how you deal with him." Max mutters and almost immediately after, Billy is in the car.

He doesn't wait for anything else as he begins speeding down the roads.

The tension between him and Max is obvious, making me feel uncomfortable.

This was gonna be one hell of a ride.

-
-

He grips onto my waist as I straddle him, his lips move in perfect sync with mine. I pull his bottom lip between my teeth as he groans, a small smirk plays on my lips.

After Billy had driven us to our block, he dropped off max and insisted on driving me to my house, even though it was about 5 houses down. Somewhere between that we ended up here.

"I have to go," I whisper onto his lips trying to catch my breath, not giving me an answer he pulls me back down to his lips.

"Don't." He breaths and I wish I didn't have to, instead of replying, my heart pounds in my chest as I close the gap between our lips and kiss him roughly.

I pull the kiss apart, open the driver's door, get off him and step out, "Thanks for the ride, Hargrove." I say with a small smile as I turn to leave.

I don't look back, I only hear the loud engine roaring and the sound of screeching tires on the road indicating he had left.

Taking out my keys, I unlock the door. The house is quite, it always is whenever Paul wasn't home. I walk into the kitchen to find a small note on the table, money attached to it.

I had an earlier shift, won't be home until later,
Call the restaurant if you need anything.
Don't spend it all in one go!
Love, mom.

I sigh knowing I'll be home alone today, my lips purse to the side as I drop the note on the table and head on over to my room.

I don't bother changing seeing as the clothes I was in were comfortable. I bite my lip at the thought of what to do to keep myself busy.

My first thought is alcohol, but I disregarded that when I see the Marlboro pack laying on my night stand. I smile and pick it up, taking my lighter and as usual, lighting it up.

Inhaling it brought relief to me, it made everything seem okay. I smile at the thought of absolutely nothing. I frown when I find my mind thinking of something or rather, someone.

It was as if not even cigarettes could make me forget him. The way his lips felt on mine, or his touch that electrified my body.

Jesus, I'm starting to sound like a stupid, hopeless romantic.

I shake my head and suddenly, all thought came back to me.

He'd be the death of me but I knew that already, I knew it since the moment I saw him.

It was just a matter of time, or rather a matter of me accepting it.

~
~