*~Fourteenth~*

The town's Firefly Festival was a bigger event than the three wolves thought it would be. The majority of the event was kept at the town's local park which was as big as an entire football field or even bigger.

There were lots of rides, food stalls, game stalls to win prizes and many more fun attractions. There was even an area for eating that was covered in picnic tables. The town really knew how to organize big events.

Taehyung watched, with an amused expression, his mate and best friend trying to win prizes at a gaming stall. It was one of those games where you had to shoot the ducks. Namjoon and Hoseok was having a blast laughing and cheering them on.

The lion glanced to his left to look at the youngest of their group, as he watched Namjoon intently.

"Who knew they were so competitive." Taehyung spoke trying to get the younger wolf from boring holes into the back of his brother's head.

"Yea."

"Jimin is very adamant about getting that Mang plushie from BT21 for Hoseok-hyung."

"Yea."

The lion sighed heavily but he couldn't stop a smile from spreading across him face.

"He's not going anywhere Jungkook. Just tell him that he's your mate. He might be a bit peeved that you didn't tell him earlier but once you explain everything about your parents and your willingness to be with him no matter what kind of species he is, he'll definitely accept you."

Jungkook finally pulled his gaze away from his mate's figure so he could talk to his future brother-in-law properly.

"What if he rejects me? I haven't been the nicest to him since we met so he might not want to have a vampire hating asshole as a mate." The wolf ruffled his hair in frustration causing Taehyung to burst out into laughter.

"Let me tell you, Namjoon isn't like that, he's more forgiving than anyone I know. He can listen to reason. Plus you're his mate so you got an automatic leg up. Just talk to him, and don't let him go until you explain your feelings."

The younger stared at the lion for a few seconds taking in his reassuring smile before releasing a tired sigh. For the first time in ever, Jungkook wanted to be close with a vampire. He needed his mate.

Taehyung smiled happily at the determined expression on the wolf's face. In that moment he knew everything would work out great for them.

"Kookie!"

The beautiful sunshine werewolf rushed over to the two with the Mang plushie he wanted wrapped tightly in his arms.

"Look what Jimin won for me! Isn't it great?" The omega beamed brightly causing the normally stoic Jungkook to give a smile of his in return.

"I'm so happy he's my mate." Hoseok whispered softly, his cheeks a soft pink as he stared down at the plushie in adoration with a look of contentment on his face. Anyone that ever caught a glimpse of the omega right now would instantly fall in love.

The other three finally walked over to join them. Hoseok quickly attached himself to Jimin's side, which the mochi didn't seem to mind. Taehyung could tell that the mate bond was working on the human, maybe not as strongly as Hoseok but that's because he's a wolf and is much more sensitive to it, but as the two get close the stronger the bond will become. Taehyung and Namjoon needed to talk to Jimin before then.

"Oh!" The red haired beauty exclaimed out suddenly causing everyone to look in his direction, which made the omega blush deeply at all of the attention.

"What's wrong hyung?" His mate asked with a tilt of his head, his pink fluffy hair shifting ever so slightly.

"It's nothing! I-I just really need to pee, heh."

Jimin smiled, gently rubbing the older's lower back. He couldn't explain it but he noticed that it was a bit hard to keep his hands to himself when Hoseok was around. It's not like the mochi mind, it was just odd how his fingers started itching when the older's near, aching to touch him.

"The park toilets aren't far from here." Namjoon interjected, looking out over the crowd on his tip toes. "There! Just pass the gaming stall where they use baseballs to knock the bottles down." The vampire pointed out.

"We can wait for you at the eating area." Jimin offered gently taking the plushie from the sunshine's hands, silently promising to protect it.

"Want one of us to go with you?" Both Yoongi and Jungkook asked at the same time. Taehyung could not only see the protective glint in their eyes but also hear the worry in their voices, which made the lion a bit curious.

"It's ok. It only a few steps away and you guys will know if I'm in trouble." Hoseok reassured, rushing off before the two wolves could respond.

With a chuckle Namjoon walked the rest of their group to the eating area, luckily securing an empty table. Yoongi, Taehyung and Jungkook was on one side, while Jimin and Namjoon was on the other. When Hoseok returned he will more than likely sit next to Jimin.

While the mochi and vampire engage in a intense conversation about Jimin's lack of jams, Taehyung gave his attention to his mate.

"You guys are really protective over Hobi-hyung." He whispered softly even though he knew his brother and Jungkook could hear.

The oldest reached out a hand to tuck a lock of Taehyung's hair behind his left ear. "He's an omega."

The lion frowned, wondering what that had to do with anything. Even though Hoseok's an omega, he's still a wolf and he's definitely stronger than the strongest human. But before he could tell his mate those exact words the older started to speak again.

"I know what you're thinking and that's not what I meant. It's not about hierarchy or any of those other negative shit. Omegas in general are a source of strength especially for those of a dominant nature.

If a alpha wolf mates with an omega his strength increases by a lot. Omegas are seen as very valuable assets to have in most of the paranormal world. There are cases of extremely rare male omegas that can give birth. Could you imagine the stress my pack would go through if any of our male omegas were of that rare breed?"

Jungkook chuckled at the mere thought. "Omegas are truly awesome. They're stronger than most people think." The beta wolf whispered, throwing his two cents into the conversation.

Taehyung glanced at his brother noticing the same resolve that no doubt reflected in his own eyes.

We must protect Hoseok at all cost.

"But once Hoseok gets claimed by his mate, his scent won't drive unmated wolves up a wall during his heat." The alpha continued.

Taehyung glanced at his best friend who was still talking animatedly with his brother.

"But-" The lion began but as if knowing what the male was thinking, Yoongi cut him off.

"Doesn't matter if his mate is a human. A mate is a mate. People stopped giving a crap about interspecies mating a long time ago after Fate keeps putting different paras together."

To emphasize his point, the alpha grasp Taehyung's right hand, place a soft kiss against his knuckles, causing the younger's inside to warm up with excitement. Damn, Taehyung wanted to just throw himself at the man and devour his lips.

'Damn crowded festival.'

"Um guys I'm starting to get worried about Hoseok-hyung. He's been gone awhile now. I feel like there's something wrong." The mochi voiced out wringing his hands together in worry.

As if on cue, both Yoongi and Jungkook shot up rushing out of their seat towards the toilets. Taehyung, Namjoon and Jimin didn't even ask any questions as they too ran after the wolves hoping nothing happened to their bubbly omega.

~~~~~~~~~

Yay updated! Sorry I took so long guys but writer's block was kicking my ass! I know this chapter wasn't the greatest but I think it's ok since I'm trying to kick writer's block in the nuts lol.

Also I think I'm gonna add Minchan to my list of ships I want to write about. Bang Chan and Lee Minho (Lee Know) from Stray Kids are my absolute bias and bias wrecker! They're so underrated like Taegi and I just can't!

Anyways thanks for being here with me guys I love you all so much!!!