OBSESSION XXII

OBSESSION XXII

After a couple of hours of crying I finally fell asleep in this unknown world populated of vampires who were probably going to kill me.

I was having a nightmare when I felt a cold touch against the skin on my right cheek. Before I knew it, my eyes opened almost instantly, trying to adjust with the dim light of the room.

"Shhh calm down! I'm not going to harm you!" said an unknown male voice, making me cringe at the heard of it. I tried to desperately get away from him, but it only made him step closer to my body.

"Who are you?" I asked with a shaking voice, trying to see in the dark, even if I wasn't able to distinguish his features.

"My name is Dustin. I'm Shaan's little brother!" said the young male who was slowly walking towards the bed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked confused, trying to understand if he wanted to kill me or not.

"Shaan went hunting and I stole the key to your room!" he whispered as if he admitted a sinful action.

"Why did you do something like that? I don't understand!" I whispered with a husky voice still trying to understand his real intentions. I didn't know him, and I had to admit the fact that even if Shaan seemed scary, he was still making me feel safe, maybe because he already drank my blood.

Accepting another vampire was a totally different issue. And this unknown vampire, even if it was Shaan's brother was making me feel really uncomfortable.

"I wanted to see you in order to understand my brother's behaviour. He never was as agitated as I saw him being since the day he first met you. I can't exactly understand his feelings towards you, but what I can say is that he's definitely not the same man I used to know!" he confidently stated making me even more confused than I already was.

"Then why is he treating me like that? He locked me in this room, keeping me as a dog, and calling me 'pet'. I'm sorry, but I really can't accept what you're telling me because when you like someone you're not acting like that towards that person!" I said still not being able to accept what this young man was telling me.

"Oh, believe me that I'm telling you the truth. Shaan was never able to see a human, let alone touch one or accept her to slap him like you did. He's different with you and it must mean a lot for someone as dangerous as my big brother is. He's used to kill people whenever he's feeding on them, so I don't know how he stopped drinking your blood when he was so badly wounded. And, besides that, he even brought you here..." continued Dustin with a thoughtful voice.

Right before I could say another word, Dustin grabbed me, tightly holding me in his arms, and pressing a hand over my mouth, making it very difficult for me to breath.

"Shhh...he's coming and if he's going to find me here he's really going to kill me this time! He ordered us to never enter into your room, but I couldn't stop myself from knowing how you are as a person!" he informed me in a mere whisper while sniffing my soft skin on my neck.

Suddenly the door opened to reveal a pissed off Shaan right in front of our eyes.

"I told you to never come here! What do you think you are doing?" he asked with a voice full of anger.

"Shaan, I..." Dustin tried to say while I was struggling to breathe.

"Let go of her, now! Can't you see that she can't breathe properly?" Shaan asked even more aware of my condition than I already was.

Before I could react, Dustin let go of me, dropping me to the floor without thinking that I couldn't regain my equilibrium as fast as they could. I was going to hit my head against the bed frame, but Shaan captured me in his arms right before the fall could harm me.

He gently placed me on the bed and before I could understand his actions, he was already holding his little brother by his throat, hanging in the air, struggling to escape the death's tight grip.

"I already told you to never go inside this room! Now I'm just going to have to make you understand that I'm not in a mood for playing with you or with anyone else!" said Shaan with venom in his voice.

I didn't want him to harm Dustin, because, even if he was a little too rough with me, he was just a little curious about his brother's new 'pet'. He didn't want to harm me and he definitely didn't have to pay for his actions.

"Please, stop!" I said crying loudly because this time I felt really scared because of this vampire violent behaviour.

Shaan looked into my eyes and I saw, for the first time sadness in his. He let go of his brother's neck and stepped towards me, forcing me to step back until my back was pressed against the opposite wall of the room. My body was trembling with fear when he finally got in front of me, sniffing the air surrounding my body.

"You're scared!" he stated, obviously referring to my emotional condition.

I looked towards him without saying a word.

Suddenly he leaned towards me and I was positively sure that he was going to end my life when a pair of cold lips slowly touched my own, making me shiver in response to the sensation his touch was sending through my entire body.