OBSESSION XXXVII

OBSESSION XXXVII

There’s been one whole week since we came back to Paris…

Thinking about everything which happened since a month ago, I still can’t believe how things turned out to be. Who knew back then that I would end up being a vampire and that I would be aware of the fact that Shaan was the one I wanted to spend my life with. Who knew that my entire life was going to turn up side down? And yet, here I am, happily engaged and waiting to participate to my first painting exposition.

After all I’ve been through, I can finally say that all I want to do is to make the vampire I love happy as I already promised to myself when I woke up after that awful night when we were attacked.

I still remember the discussion I had with Shaan after I woke up when he finally decided to tell me the real reason behind the vampires’ sudden attack. It seemed that my blood was the one which caused the entire problem considering the fact that its smell was simply addictive for a vampire, as Shaan actually explained it and the fact that I was practically immune to any form of persuasion was making me even more intriguing to a vampire.

I still don’t know what to believe about his explanation, but at least he managed to make me promise him that I would not think about that painful event anymore and I intend to keep my promise.

About the other issue, Shaan’s enormous power, he tried to convince me that it was all due to the fact that he was an old vampire, but I could easily understand that he wasn’t telling me the entire truth. Even so, I decided to let him tell me everything when he was ready to do that. Actually it wasn’t any point in trying to force him to tell me his darkest secrets.

He might be my lover, but he still has a long way to go until he’s going to completely trust a young-ling as he sometimes calls me.

Suddenly a soft knock on the other side of the door pulled me out of my memories, bringing me back to present.

“Emma, are you ready?” Anna asked while entering inside the room.

“Yeah, I’m ready! Could you please help me with my hair?” I asked all of a sudden looking towards her with puppy dog eyes which made her chuckle and eagerly nod in response.

“Of course I’m going to help you. Who else is going to help you every time I don’t?” she calmly asked with an amused expression imprinted on her face.

“You know you like to help me actually, so you shouldn’t complain…” I said smirking knowing that I obviously had a point.

“Emma, Anna, can I come in?” Shaan’s familiar voice suddenly asked from the other side of the door, saving me from Anna’s reaction towards my previous statement.

“Yeah, come in, Shaan” Anna replied while helping me with my rebel hair.

“Why are you two taking so long? Mr. Dupont called at least five times already. He’s been waiting for this day since a month ago and you’re making him and his team to wait for too long…”

“We’re almost ready” Anna immediately defended while I sheepishly looked in Shaan’s direction. That earned me a chuckle from his side which made me smile as well.

“Ok, I’m done here! I have to go and change quickly…” she chanted, hurriedly walking out of the room at extreme vampire speed before any of us could say something else.

 “You look so beautiful…” Shaan whispered bending his head as he tenderly brushed his lips against mine.

“You look handsome too” I complimented him as well being fully aware of his sexy features, the ones which first attracted me to him.