OBSESSION XVI

OBSESSION XVI

I couldn't believe my eyes. One second ago Shaan was in chains and held to the ground while Henry kept arguing with his daughter and in the next second he already killed James and headed towards Annabelle's father, pushing him with an incredible force towards a big tree.

Annabelle seemed as surprised as I was looking towards the scene in front of my eyes.

Shaan turned around, moving in slow motion towards the girl from the ground. She tried to stand, regaining her equilibrium with difficulty. Her wide eyes met his dangerous ones his look making her froze in place without the slightest chance of ever recovering again. He looked exactly like a predator during a hunting activity and she was his prey.

Almost instantly Shaan was right in front of her. Annabelle gasped in surprise, trying to step back, but the dangerous vampire in front of her caught her in his arms, forcing her to face him.

"Why would you protect someone like me, human?" he asked with venom in his words, while sniffing the air surrounding her cream coloured skin.

She looked with fear in her eyes towards him, the expression of her face soon becoming one ruled by an apparent calmness. Slowly she raised her eyes towards the sky, looking at the stars from high above.

"Is he dead?" she asked obviously referring to her father.

Shaan analyzed her, looking straight to her face, while narrowing his eyes.

"No!" he finally answered to her previous question.

She looked towards her feet while whispering.

"I'm sorry for what you went through, but not all the humans are the same like my father! I wish he could understand that this world is not the way he perceives it! There are other beings out there much more powerful than we are. If only we could accept each other the way we are..." she continued with sorrow in her voice, leaving her sentence unfinished because there weren't enough words to describe exactly what she wanted to say.

The vampire put a finger under her chin, slowly but powerfully forcing her to look into his eyes. His action seemed to make it difficult for her to breathe. Slowly she stepped back, escaping from Shaan's arms without loosing the eye contact with the vampire who was now just a few meters in front of her.

"You must be thirsty!" she whispered while she diverted her eyes towards the sky entirely covered with stars.

Shaan narrowed his eyes, leaning towards the girl in front of him. He grabbed her shoulders, forcing her to look into his mesmerizing blue eyes. One of his hands grabbed her chin, forcing her head to the side exposing her neck. Slowly he leaned towards her bone white skin sniffing her, gently pressing his nose against it.

"I'm thirsty!" he stated as a matter of fact.

She didn't say a word while guiding him towards her neck. His body tensed under the touch of her hands.

"It's ok!" she whispered gently pulling him towards her.

Shaan's body relaxed a little under her touch, leaning towards her body. His tongue slowly licked her soft looking skin, his own action making him tremble in anticipation of actually biting her.

He licked her skin a couple of seconds before suddenly sinking his fangs in her neck. She seemed to be in pain but her mouth didn't whisper one single word.

The vampire sucked her blood in big gulps, making her finally moan under his touch.

I wanted to scream, to tell him to stop, but my words didn't seem to be able to get to his ears.