OBSESSION XIII - Back home

OBSESSION XIII

Back home

I stepped on the Romanian land, still crying. I felt so lost and lonely. How I wish he could be by my side... How I wish he could be here with me... Even if his presence was not something I should desire I wanted him, I needed him much more than I ever thought it could be possible. He was the only one who ever touched my heart, even if he initially seemed to hate me, even if he stalked me and even if he was... a vampire.

After getting outside Henry Coandă airport, I looked towards the empty street. I had to take a taxi and head towards my house where I had a loving family, where I would be safe. But, something inside of me warned me to stay away from them. What if I was a danger for them? What if I end up losing my control and attack them? I definitely didn't want to hurt the only people who were always by my side when nobody else was.

Even so, I couldn't let them worry about me. At least they had to know that I was alive. They had to see that I was ok, even if they could never find out the truth about what has happened with me. This was something that I could not share. It had to remain a secret. I and my family were always telling each other the truth no matter how hard or painful it was, but this was something that I simply couldn't share.

My life couldn't continue without facing my past. I simply had to accept the fact that I didn't have a future anymore: not as a painter, not as a woman and especially not as a human.

This was the truth, but I wasn't going to give up so easily. I wasn't going to become a soulless creature and I definitely didn't intend to harm innocent people. So, what was my other option other than living, or better said existing, as normally as possible, before everything would get out of my control.

A couple of minutes later the cab finally entered on my street. As I got out of the car I finally understood my stupidity. I came home, into a house full of humans after I received the blood of a vampire. I was transitioning, transforming into a... into one of them and even so, I had come home. It was difficult to understand my own stupid decision, but I tried to stop thinking about it.

I was always fearless and stubborn, but, for the first time in so many years, someone or something was finally getting to me. Unconsciously I made the mistake of turning home, when I was the most dangerous thing in a couple of kilometers. Don't be so melodramatic! I argued with myself.

I blamed my stupidity on my confused state which made me turn back to my human family when my body needed their blood in order to survive.

I was still thinking about this, when someone's hands wrapped around my waist.

My body suddenly reacted. Almost instantly I turned around, trying to escape from the strong embrace. I growled towards the source of danger as my eyes finally met Brian's. My body froze only at the thought of harming one of my brothers. My eyes widen in surprise as I finally registered the shocked expression imprinted on my brother's face.

I tried to step back, my struggle making him react.

"Emma?" he asked with a voice full of concern. "Are you ok?" he continued unsure.

"I'm sorry Brian, you startled me and I..." I tried to explain.

He analyzed me with suspicion and finally walked towards me, giving me a warm hug.

The closeness between us was making me anxious. My body felt tense and I was ready to sink my teeth inside the softness of his flesh. No, Emma! You can't do that! He is your brother! I mentally yelled trying to understand what was happening with me.