02| Forks

BURN

2. Forks

 Forks

♣♣♣

A LARGE, graceful house that was rectangular and well-proportioned appeared in Kalina's view as she pulled up towards it in a sleek, black car. The house was painted a faded white and the southern wall was almost entirely made of glass with a view of a river. Kalina smiled brightly at the view of the house as the car pulled into a stop just outside the front door.

As she looked out the window, she noticed a young girl, who was maybe four or five years old with high cheekbones, perfect eyebrows, straight nose, strong jawline, and full lips. Kalina noticed her hair colour was the same brown as her father but her eyes were chocolate brown which led Kalina to assume that she received those from her mother. The five hundred years old vampire was shocked at the young girl's beauty as she was more beautiful than any other vampire she had seen in her whole time of living.

As she stepped out of the car, she could sense the blood pumping through the young girl's veins and her scent was a mixture of both vampire and human. Kalina's black heeled ankle boots lightly kicked the loose dirt as she walked towards the house; her hands inside the pockets of her olive-green jacket. "Kalina!" Kalina heard someone scream as she felt herself being thrown into a tight hug.

She smiled before throwing her own arms around Rosalie and squeezed her tightly after not seeing her in over twenty years. However, Kalina's gold eyes remained locked on the young girl who was now standing still with her own brown eyes locked on Kalina's. After the two sisters had finished hugging each other, Kalina walked slowly over to the young girl but was stopped by the owner of unfamiliar amber eyes standing in her way. Kalina's eyes roomed over the owner who had long, dark brown hair with large amber eyes that were widely spaced and a heart-shaped face with a wide forehead, thin nose, prominent cheekbones and lips too full for her slim jawline. "You must be the new family member. Bella, right? I'm Kalina," the older vampire informed the newborn and smirked when she noticed that she was unable to read the newborn's mind.

Bella didn't speak nor move from her position in front of her daughter until Edward placed a hand on her shoulder, letting her know that Kalina was safe. She sighed before moving away to expose Renesmee to Kalina who smiled down at the young girl. Kalina could still feel Bella's eyes staring holes into her back as she crouched down in front of Renesmee, not caring about the dirt covering her black jeans.

The vampire grabbed the half-vampire's hand and placed it on her cheek which allowed the young girl to show her a memory. Renesmee was seen collecting snowflakes with Bella and a russet coloured, over 10-feet wolf watching over her. Through her eyes, Kalina was able to see Irina watching the young girl jumping into the air before running off. Kalina knew that Irina was running to tell the Volturi that the Cullens had created an immortal child...even though Renesmee wasn't anything like that.

Renesmee smiled up at Kalina who smiled back before taking Renesmee's hand away from her cheek and hold it tightly between both of hers. "Don't worry. I'll make sure the Volturi won't get to you," Kalina promised the hybrid before standing straight with her gold eyes looking down at Renesmee's chocolate brown ones.

Renesmee tightly gripped Kalina's hands and began to lead her towards the front where the vampire noticed a young russet-skinned man watching Renesmee and her from the front porch. Kalina could sense that the young man was ready to protect the young girl if the vampire was to attack and that she could smell the slight scent of wet dog coming from him, leading Kalina to assume he was a wolf. She noticed his scent didn't burn her nose like the rest of her kind but she wasn't complaining.

Renesmee smiled brightly towards him before letting go of Kalina's hand and rushing over to him. Her action caused him to smile back and pull her into his arms, lifting her off the ground. Kalina watched the scene as she could hear Edward's thoughts of anger towards the young man, whose name she discovered was Jacob. The older vampire smirked as she stood on her tippy toes and whispering into Edward's ear; "Control your thoughts, brother."

He turned his head towards her and glared which only caused her smirk to grow. She followed the others into the house where she was greeted by Esme pulling her into a hug. Kalina smiled brightly as she returned Esme's hug before pulling away from each other. Suddenly, Kalina was lifted off her feet and she felt arms wrap around her waist tightly. "Lina!" Emmett's loud voice echoed through the house which made a giggle escape her lips.

Emmett swung her around before setting her back down on the ground and giving her a cheeky smile. She rolled her eyes at his childish nature before responding; "It's nice to see you too, Emmett."

Her gold eyes moved across the room to see Carlisle standing off to the side and when their eyes met, he gave her a smile before she heard one of his thoughts being directed at her; "Thank you."

She smiled back and nodded her head towards him. When Kalina looked around at those in the room, she noticed two members of her family missing. "Where are Alice and Jasper?" she asked them, which caused the air to became tense.

With one simple thought from Carlisle, Kalina knew Alice and Jasper had left but their reason to why is still unknown. And when she was in his mind, she could sense his dislike for bringing her into this mess. Since Kalina's decision to travel the world alone, Carlisle didn't like calling on her but now, he had no choice. She was the only one with centuries of knowledge of the Volturi and she knew everything about them which including their tactics. Even if Kalina could sense Carlisle's hatred for calling upon her, she was more than willing to be anything for her family which now included little Renesmee whom Kalina had already grown attached to.

A smile grew on her face as her eyes looked at everyone surrounding her. "So, where do we start?"

♣♣♣