Who the heck was this girl? I ran through the limited options in my head: most of them consisted of some female models that helped promote Lumineux were all I could come up with. Yet none of them specifically stood out in my mind.

Because my heart's been taken by someone else.

I finally huffed in defeat as I could think of no one else. Besides, it didn't matter if he was seeing another person right? His happiness was important, right? After all...after all I was only going to be with him for a year. But why did I feel a small knot of disappointment in my stomach?

I slipped through the shop door when a woman with a squealing toddler exited the shop, carrying a small cage with a rabbit inside. I scurried over to Taehyung who was standing in front of a cage. I couldn't help but avoid his gaze for some reason.

Which wasn't hard when my eyes landed on the bouncing fur ball in the cage.

"Ahhh! You're cuter even in person!" I immediately plopped onto the ground to get eye level with the puppy.

The puppy immediately stopped and stared right at me, its pom-pom of a tail wagging everywhere.

"Oh my gosh, I think he can see me!" I exclaimed in joy. I lifted a hand and immediately the puppy jumped onto its hind legs to try and reach my outstretched fingers. A bubbling laughter welled up in me as I felt his little wet tongue brush my fingers.

"Sir did you want this dog?" a salesman approached Taehyung who I caught gazing at me with an amused smile. Or maybe he was just looking at the puppy. I quickly looked away.

"Yes, I think I do," Taehyung mused at my huge grin and bobbing head of affirmation.

Twenty minutes later, Taehyung was walking the puppy on a brand new blue leash and a bag filled with doggy food and other supplies down the streets of Seoul.

I skipped along, itching to take up the puppy and cuddle with it.

"What are you going to name it?" I asked Taehyung eagerly, still keeping my gaze fixed on the puppy.

Taehyung tilted his head a little, thinking. "Yeontan," He decided with a grin.

We continued to walk for a little bit longer in drawing out tense silence despite the cheeriness surrounding us. And then...

"Y/N, why aren't you looking at me?"

My heart jumped a tiny bit and I blinked in surprise. "Huh?" was all I managed to get out, still staring directly at Yeontan who was happily tangling himself on the leash.

"You've been avoiding my gaze for almost an hour now."

I swallowed and didn't answer. What was I supposed to say? How was I supposed to describe the feeling in me?

Taehyung abruptly swerved around me and then began to shoulder me off the sidewalk.

"Hey!" I exclaimed in surprise and indignation as I stumbled off the path and in between two brightly lit shops into a dark, narrow alley.

Taehyung picked up Yeontan who was now hopelessly tangled in the leash now and entered the ally with me. He was so big that both of his shoulders brushed either side of the buildings between us.

The streetlights dimly lit the ally, so I could just make out his features.

"What the heck are you doing?" I demanded, a pressure growing inside my chest at being in such a tight space with the idiotic, egotistical CEO mere inches away from me.

"Did I do something?" Taehyung asked.

"What?" I glanced at my shoes.

"Y/N, look at me."

"Nope, my shoes are really interesting," I mumbled dumbly.

A low, almost growl, escaped Taehyung and before I could do anything else, a large hand cradled my chin and forced me to lift my face.

My breath hitched when I saw Taehyung had shifted so he was directly in front of me. I could feel his hot breath against my face, the usual smell of mint. Yeontan was preoccupied with gnawing on the leash wrapped around his leg to give a crap about what was going on.

"Why are you avoiding my eyes?" His voice was soft, quiet.

I swallowed hard. "Why didn't you tell me about this special girl?"

"Say what?" Genuine surprise colored Taehyung's voice.

My next words came out in a rush. "I mean, I'm not against it or anything, but I just thought you'd tell me if you found another girl you were interested in, you know, the girl you said had taken your heart, and it kinda caught me off guard when you-"

I cut off when Taehyung burst out in a quiet, half breathless laugh.

I scowled at him, now feeling pissed that he'd laugh in my face. It made me feel stupider than I already felt.

"You are so clueless, aren't you?" Taehyung rumbled in that sexy low voice.

"Screw you!" I whined, trying to brush off his hands on my chin.

Taehyung's hand tightened on my jaw, still not hurting, but with enough pressure to tell me he wasn't going to let go any time soon. I swore, he could probably hear my heart pounding against my rib cage at his touch. His skin seemed to burn into mine despite the increasingly chilly air around us.

"Y/N," he purred. "Before I had no clue what to think of you, honestly. Later, I began to grow certain of my feelings, but Suyo was stopping me from being able to do anything to you."

A shiver ran down my spine at his words. What would he have done to me if Suyo wasn't there the whole time?

"Now, I'm certain of what I'm feeling."

A took in a shuddering breath as his soft words sent unexplainable emotions and shivers through my body.

"What are you feeling, Mr. Kim?" the words escaped my mouth before I could stop them.

It was like I'd pushed some invisible signal button.

Taehyung pushed me right up against the rough side of the building behind me, the rough bricks pressing into my back. There was now no space between us other than our puffy jackets. His hand shifted from my chin and traveled up my jaw to envelope the length of one side of my face.

My heart was getting a lot of exercise as it seemed to only pick up in pace of beating.

"I'll show you what I'm feeling," he murmured, leaning forward, and then-

"KIM TAEHYUNG, WHY ARE YOU CARESSING AIR UP AGAINST A WALL?!?!?!"

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚: