Chapter 21 Dinner Thirst

Melanie's POV

It's been two weeks since that fight so I've been trying to ignore Kol and Stefan (Gilbert) for a while. Stefan made me go to Elena's house for a BBQ of peaceful weeks without any problems.

At Elena's House

"Do you need any help?" I walked into Elena's Kitchen seeing her, Caroline, and Bonnie trying to cook the less main course.

"Yeah, sure." Elena smiled at me. I walked over starting to get the plates out as Elena started to cut up the piece of vegetable. I handed the plates to bonnie and Caroline as they walked out to set the table. I grabbed a cup of wine and took a sip. I watched her cut the vegetables.

"So you and Stefan?" I asked raising an eyebrow looking at her.

"Yep. Is it weird?" She looked up at me then back down cutting the vegetables.

"No, he's my brother. I'm just suprised after he became the ripper again you accepted him twice." I smiled at her then took a sip of the wine.

"I know.... but that's love." She smiled. I looked at the red wine in my cup.... love.

"Love is extremly complicated." I mentioned still looking at wine.

"It is but at the end love is always the reason why everybody is together." Elena said.

I looked from my wine and looked at Elena smiling at me then I turned to look at Bonnie, Caroline laughing with each other. I looked over at Jeremy, Damon, and Stefan in the backyard talking then share a laugh.... we were all together without any problems. I looked back at my wine... then a small long silence came over me thinking about Kol.

"I heard about you... being the ripper." Elena said and I looked back at her when she grabbed my attention. "Damon told me... you were the one that created the ripper." I just kept looking at her. "How'd you control it?"

I let out a small laugh. "My friend Eric, he was a vampire hunter and he helped me. It took 40 long hard years but it was worth it." I smiled.

"But how? I mean Stefan just got back a ripper just by drinking a girl's neck..." Elena whispered.

"40 long hard torture. If you were a ripper it's hard to resist but then again I'm one." I pointed at myself then I leaned in to Elena. "The key to break the locked ripper is if someone's blood is so strong that it breaks that lock and goes back being the ripper." I pulled away. "but... I haven't meet anyone that their blood was extremly unresistable." I smiled at her then she smiled back.

"You are related to Damon." She smiled.

"I know. I used to be llike Stefan when I was human but I guess I act like Damon as a vampire." I smiled and drank my wine.

"I see..." She smiled then cut the vegetables then she accidently cut her finger not deep but enough that blood came out."Ouch."

My smiled faded as the smell of blood came to me... I heard the locks unlock and I heard the creak of the box open in me.

"I'm so clumsy--" Elena looked at me horrified.

I pushed myself against the wall hitting the mirror making it fall onto the ground breaking into pieces. I looked at the broken mirror and saw my ripper form breaking out. The viens poped over my eyes, my eyes glowing yellow and dark red, I felt my fangs come out by the smell of the small drop of blood. I shot my head back up at Elena.

"Run!" I yelled trying to hold back in the form but the scent was so strong breaking me into pieces. Everybody came running in the kitchen. Damon hold me against the wall as everybody else went to Elena protecting her.

"GET OUT OF HERE!" I yelled at Elena. Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie ran upstairs. I saw the blood drip as they ran then pop! The door opened wide....

I pushed Damon against the wall. I walked over to where elena slammed the door. Stefan came infornt of me.

"MOVE!" I YELLED.

"No!" Stefan yelled back. I grabbed his arm and threw him down the stairs. I watched him fall down the stairs. I kicked the ddoor open seeing Caroline infornt of me.

"GET AWAY!" She yelled. I smiled and snapped her neck. I saw Bonnie tried to do a spell on me but I just smiled pushing her to the wall. I walked over to Elena slowly about to sink my fangs in her neck.

"This isn't you Melanie! Please..." Elena cried. I grabbed her and sink my fangs in her neck consuming the delicious blood then I heard a scream and snapped back. I pushed myself back to the wall. I looked at Stefan who came hugging Elena who holds onto her neck. I touched my mouth and blood. I looked at Stefan then I looked back Caroline who lays on the ground. I looked at Bonnie hurting from the pain, I looked at Jeremy who stands in horror.

I shake my head.... "I'm so sorry." I looked at Elena and Stefan then used my vampire speed to run out of the house into the woods far away. I stopped in the open field. I wanted to cry but I threw my feelings in the back of my heart.

I almost killed Elena. She was the key...My ripper was back...Eric is gone... he can't help me...I have to be away from people...

I killed her---

NO! YOU WERE HUNGRY!

You can't come out! I'm not going to be like you again!

Yes you are Melanie... we are one. When you saw the drip of Elena's sweet blood... you wanted to drink it... the drips.. blood.

STOP! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!

I can... if you let me. You know you can't control it anymore... we found the key... the locks are broken now... you have to let me out.

NO! STOP THESE IMAGES!

You like them.... the blood.

I heard a gun shot then I smelled animals blood. I used my vampire speed to see what it was. I looked behind the tree to see a hunter trying to carry the big deer. When the hunter touched the blood....

You want it... those are blood... bite him Melanie....

I held in my breath trying to run away but my feet stopped in its place. My body betrayed me and ran up to him. I let in a smell then I suddenly notice I was drinking the hunter... the killing...

the taste was better as ever...

You miss the kill, the taste of a real beating heart of a human. Just let the taste control you like you always do... your really hungry Melanie... let's finish him...

I followed and drank the man dry. The blood fell from my mouth, I wipped it  tasting the beautiful life of blood... it was something I missed doing... my throut became dry again..

I needed to kill someone else... I was thirsty.... I wanted more.

Yes Melanie.... isn't it a wonderful power... the thirst... you want more... shall we?

I started walking into the streets....