Chapter 11 Save me a Dance... or a Life?

I walked into Stefan's room holding up the dresses. "Which dress should I wear?" I asked looking at them.

"Um... that one." He pointed at the at the light blue one that covered my whole body.

I looked at him. "You're just like damon. Urh!" I heard a doorbell. "I'll get it." I speed downstairs and opened the door. Nobody was there then I looked down a box with a letter. I took it to my room. I opened the letter up

Dear my darling Melanie,

I bought you a little gift since you are one that can't decide. I was thinking of you when I bought it. I had it custom made for you. I got everything you need.

Love Kol

P.S. Save me a dance.

I smiled shaking my head. I opened the box and there was the beautiful light purple white flowly dress. (let's say it it has elena's dress top that was sleveless and caroline's flowly end.) It was strapless. I pulled it out the box and the flowly dress fell to the floor. It was beautiful. I smiled and put it on me. I saw the white gloves and the necklace he gave me of a purple rose.

At the Dance

I was late with Elena. "You go ahead." She nodded and walked through the doors. I sighed putting the stake under my dress attaching it to my leg . I breathed in. The plan is to enjoy the night and not get anyone killed. I walked to the door and breathed in. I pushed the door open and everybody starred at me being late and I saw jaws drops. Was it that bad? I saw Damon, Stefan, and Elena. I walked over to them.

"What do you think you're wearing?!' Damon glared at the dress.

"I thought you were going to wear the dress I picked?" Stefan said almost angry.

"Kol bought it for me. " I said. I heard a glass tlick for our attention Everybody looked up and saw the Mikealson standing the stairs and Esther at the very top.

"We will have tradional dance... for family. Please come to the ballroom." Esther said. I walked to the ballroom where everybody was dancing. I felt someone grab my hand kissing it. It was Kol.

"May I have this dance?" Kol looked at me putting his hand out. I smiled.

"Of course." He pulled me to the dance floor where we danced together. He pulled me closer.

"You look beautiful as every." He smiled at me.

"You don't look bad yourself." I smirked.

"I'm very happy that you've forgiven me Darling." He said.

"I guess I can't resist you." I smiled at him then he smiled wide. He was about to kiss me but I pulled away. "Tradition has rules." I smiled. He twilered me to change partners I fell into Damon's arm. "Well, if it isn't big brother to the rescue." I smiled and he rolled his eyes.

"I don't like the idea of Kol and you." Damon snarled looking at me.

"You're going have to get used to the idea..." I said. smiling and giggled when Damon keeps snarling.

"What do you mean get used to the idea...--- please tell me you're not going to marry that gay guy that spends most of his time looking at himself." I laughed.

"No but he is my lover." I said.

"Now you want me to hurl." Damon looked around. "wait... where is stefan and elena?--- Come on." Damon pulled me upstairs going down the hall to find Elena and Stefan about to enter a room. Damon pushed Stefan to the wall. "What do you think you're doing?!"

"Damon!' Elena yelled.

"Damon, calm down." I pulled him off. Damon shook me off then turned to Elena then suddenly I saw Stefan snapped his neck I gasped. Seeing Damon body on the ground. I fell to the floor to Damon I looked at Stefan for a explanation. "Mind telling me why you did that?"

"He's in the way. He'll just wake up with a neck cramp." Stefan said. I saw Elena enter the room.

"Help me move him." I opened the bacalony and there was a bench on the side. "lay him here." Stefan put him down on the bench I walked over to the edge of the bacalony and sighed. I turned to Stefan. "What am I going to do with you two?" I looked over at Damon body and Stefan. I saw Stefan not wanting to answer walking away. I turned to look at the full moon and shinning stars.

Flashback 1860

"Come on." I pulled Stefan and Damon's hand pulling them to the grassy field. I layed the large blanket down the grass. I was 12 years old and for my birthday I wanted brother and I to watch the stars and wait for a shooting star. I pulled them down to lay next to me so I could be in the middle. "You promised to watch the stars with me all night for my birthday right?" I looked at both of them smiling at me shaking there head because I was still a child.

"you're birthday is tomorrow melanie."  Damon said.

"That's why we are going to watch it all night. We have to stay until the sun rises. Let's make a wish when the shooting star comes okay?" I looked at bothe of them and they smiled wide.

Later

"Look a shooting star." I pointed out. I held tight onto my hands and closed my eyes tightly. I opened my eyes and smiled.

"What did you wish for?" Stefan asked. I grabbed Stefan hand with my right and Damon's with my left.

"For us to stay together forever. Us three being family forever. Never to leave each others side no matter what happens. Look out for each other. Family." I smiled at both of them then suddenly they pulled their hands up with my hand in theres

"Family Forever Together." We said and laugh sleeping together until the sun rose.

Flashback Ended.

I looked at Damon and smiled. I looked back at the moon. I heard footsteps and I turned around seeing Kol stand right behind me. He walked over standing next to me. He saw Damon and looked at me confused. I smiled putting a finger over my lips. Kol smiled then he grabbed my hands covered with white gloves and kissed it. I blushed.

"You are even more beautiful under the moonlight." He whispered. I smiled at him.

"I think I fall for you everytime you say that." I whispered back then he leaned in to kiss me. I placed my hands on his shoulder as he put his hand around my waist. I smiled through the kiss.

"I love you Melanie Salvatore." He whispered through our kiss.

"I love you Kol Mikealson." I whispered. I looked into his warm brown eyes.

"You know I don't fond you're last name." He said. I laughed.

"What name should I have then." I said.

"Mikealson." His eyebrow went up and smirked." Melanie Mikealson. It sounds nice." we both heard a tap on glass to gather everyone up.

"Let's talk more later," I said. and he left planting one more kiss on me before going. I smiled. I was so happy. He might propose to me. I laugh at that thought. Cold hearted Kol Mikealson going lovely dovey. I roamed the parking lot full of car then I saw a familiar car... a familiar shadow. The shadow stepped out from the tree and into the moonlight. I gasped on who it was... John.