Interview with BeeneBaby

How did you find out about Wattpad?

I found wattpad thanks to a user from another story-sharing site, quizilla.  She started a sort of revolution and her stories were no longer getting published on there, so she transfered to this site.  I was pretty dedicated to her, so i followed her and I’ve decided to make the switch, too. I’m so glad she told me about it, because it’s so much better on here!

What do you most enjoy doing on Wattpad?

I love reading and writing stories on the site.  To be able to give/get feedback from fellow writers or dedicated readers is such a learning and amazing experience like none other.  I usually kept my stories to myself, letting only my sister that I’m closest to read one here or there.  But on here, you’re allowed to be whoever and write whatever and it’s a whole bunch of people that you’re probably never going to meet who are doing the reading, the critiquing, and the voting.  It’s an esteem booster; since then I’ve been able to open up to a few friends about my writing and they’ve encouraged me to consider this as a career option (I’m not that good yet... though it’s always an option!)

How long have you been on Wattpad?

I’ve been with wattpad for a little over a year now, since May of 2011.  Doesn’t feel like that long, but as they say, time flies when you’re having fun!

What influenced you to write?

  I needed a serious outlet. I was always good with words and telling or reading stories, so I figured i would try writing one of my own.  I haven’t stopped since.  My first story was during hurricane isabel, when I was in fifth grade and locked in my house with my brother, sister, mom and step-dad.  It was some crappy thing that I eventually lost.  I then ventured off into a series of the story, but I couldn’t quite remember the full story, so gave up on those.  I took a break for a few years, and tried drawing again.  That’s one of my other passions - that, and writing/playing music (I dabble in a little of everything in my off time) then in eighth grade, i hit a low level of depression and started with some poetry.  My brother introduced me to quizilla not long after, and then I decided to try writing another story. My first one was a fanfiction, and to this day my sister calls it her favorite (it was horrible, in all honesty.  It DEFINES cheesy) I then wrote a few more versions, trying to make each one better than the last.  Then i veered off and wrote fantasy, and i’m working on a science fiction, as well as a few historical fictions.  I’ve never stopped writing. It’s something that I can’t see myself not do.

What is your favorite Genre?

 Favorite genre?  Probably fantasy and historical fiction.  I love being able to open up your mind and use that imagination I was lucky to receive.  Fantasy allows you to get out of the real world, and not think about your real worries for a while.  History is another passion of mine.  One of my favorite books of all time is the Heretic queen, by michelle moran. It’s set in egyptian times, and that’s something I’ve always been obsessed with. (I’m saving to go to egypt to see the pyramids; i’m a bit of a history geek)

What influences your stories? (pictures, music, etc.)

 A lot of things influence my stories; life, love (or lack thereof), music.  Sometimes I’ll read a story or hear someone’s idea, and wonder if I could do it, but do it better.  Other times I’ll be listening to a radio or my ipod, and wonder what the person must have been going through to write those lyrics, and find myself writing a background to the song.  Usually, though, i’ll be going through my ipod and make half a dozen playlists, each with a certain tone about it; the story practically writes itself with the songs.  The initial ‘falling  for you’, then the break up/i miss you, and either the ‘i take you back’ or ‘falling for someone else and living happily ever after’.  I’ve always thought that music is the greatest gift to mankind - next to writing, of course.  My friends always laugh at me, because i have some of the most “Epic” dreams ever. They’ve actually forced me to sit down and write one, so I didn’t forget it.But no matter what, there is always a little bit of myself in every one of my stories.  Sometimes you might notice some similarities in my stories and characters.  That’s because i find it hard to be truly good at writing emotions and feelings if you don’t feel that way (or the complete opposite, somehow that yourself works, too).

What is your advice for other Wattpaddders?

 My advice is to never stop writing, and always give it your best. Sometimes your best isn’t very much, but that’s okay.  My first story I ever wrote was complete crap, full of ‘he said, then she said, then she did, then they did, the end, etc’, but i kept writing and i got better. I’m not the best (Yet!), but i’m getting better.

What is your advice for other Wattpaddders?

 Favorite fruit? Kind of random, but all right... strawberries!

Anything you want to say?

I just said a whole lot why do you want more?