"You know, Angel, only you would think of such a logical detail at a time like this. Don't worry," he says, "I've taken care of everything. Now all I request is that you focus on the now, and live it to the fullest, instead of worrying yourself over all the crap that usually travels in your head. Lord, you deserve a crown for being the best party pooper mankind has ever seen." 

Truth be told, Manik's words don't put me at ease until I see two men loading our suitcases into the cargo compartment. Thankfully, one of those suitcases is mine. This also means that Manik has packed my luggage. Frowning, I stop again, swivelling in my spot. 

"Manik," I say, clearing my throat. "Since you're saying you took care of everything, I have a feeling you packed my luggage. That also means you must've seen my undergarments." 

"Seen and touched indeed," Manik claims proudly. 

"Do you have any concept of personal space, and privacy?" I ask, drowning underneath a pool of embarrassment. My undergarments aren't brand new, and neither are they the sexiest ones in the market, so the mere thought of Manik seeing them has me preparing to jump off this staircase. 

"Don't you see the hypocrisy in this, Angel?" Manik asks, throwing his hands in the air. "You can grab my ass, and jewels whenever the hell you please. But now that I have touched your lingerie you're hell bent on making a scene." He scoffs, shaking his head. "In the twenty-first century there's no such thing as appreciation, huh? Think about it like this, will you be more comfortable traveling without any lingerie, or more grateful to me because I've packed your shit?" 

Letting out a huff of annoyance, I begin to make my way down the staircase. I'm not going anywhere with Manik. All I wish to do is bury myself underneath my blanket and stay there for the entire year. He has already witnessed me at my worst the night I got drunk, and now he has also handled my lingerie. 

"Where are you going?" Manik asks from behind me.

"Home!" I exclaim. "I'm not going anywhere with you." 

"I can't let that happen." He says, his shoes thudding against the structure, as he descends behind me. The Devil hoists me into his arms, causing a squeal to escape my lips. 

"Manik, put me down." I order, gritting my teeth. Who told Aiyappa to make me as light as a feather and him as strong as Hulk? "I am going nowhere with you forcefully." 

"Whatever," Manik mumbles, turning around and heading towards the entrance of the plane. The fear of struggling and causing the two of us to stumble down has left me with no choice but to fume in Manik's arms. 

"This is abuse!" I yell, noticing that the aviation staff is now watching us. "He's taking me by force." I shove an accusing finger into Manik's finger. "Call the police!" However, instead of yelling, or making moves to stop my husband, they simply stare at us - as if we are a movie they're watching. 

"Angel," Manik says, his chest rumbling with low laughter. "They work for me. I sign their paycheques, so who exactly do you think they'll listen to?" Groaning, I cross my arms across my chest and glare at the doorway of the plane. 

"The next dish I make for you will be cooked with rat poison, instead of oil," I say. 

"Your hands will make the bitterest poison taste as sweet as chocolate." Manik whispers, leaving a light peck on my cheek. How am I supposed to maintain my facade of anger towards the Devil when such words escape his lips? "Finally," he sighs, stepping into the plane. I continue to glare at my husband as he lowers me onto the ground. Smirking, Manik stays rooted to his spot in front of the entrance, completely blocking it off. 

"There's no way I'm carrying you all the way up again, Angel." He says, shaking his arms. "I may look like I've got a lot of muscle, but I'm no Superman. And you may look like you don't weigh much, but you're no model." 

"Then why don't you bring a model in here and let me go home?" I ask, pouting. "You seem to clearly care about every other woman on the face of this earth, except your dear, oh-so-lovely wife." 

"Congratulations on voicing out the greatest lie ever." Manik claps his hands together, the sound resonating around the silent interior of the aircraft. "Angel, no other woman is Nandini Murthy, thereby making it humanly impossible for me to give even two shits about them." On their own volition, my lips tug upwards, a grin making its way onto my face. 

"Turn around, Angel." Manik says, his eyes sweeping across the interior of the plane. 

"The seats better be made out of gold, Manik." I say, obliging to his words. "Otherwise, I'll be greatly dis..." I trail off, a gasp escaping my lips. What in the world is all of this? 

A/N: Hey ya'll! Yesterday, I published two chapters. However, some of you have messaged me, complaining that the second update - Mending Burnt Bridges - isn't visible. You're getting the notification, but upon clicking on it, the chapter isn't loading. If the majority of ya'll are facing this issue, then please do tell me, so that I can delete and re-upload that chapter. Take care and stay safe xx