The Invitation

The October air was crisp as it stirred the leaves across UA's training ground. The distinct sound of chatter grew louder as the students bustled about finishing up their training and heading inside to end the day. Dark, green hair popped out from under a wet towel as Midoriya finished wiping the sweat from his head.

"Today was great!" he exclaimed to his friend beside him, who was also wiping his two-toned hair.

"Oh? How so?" Todoroki asked.

"I think I finally got the kick down I've been working on. I hope I can start working it into more moves." Midoriya exclaimed. He looked up and saw Todoroki watching him carry on as he took a drink from his water bottle. "How's your training? Are you any closer to using both sides of your quirk?" Midoriya asked as they entered the locker room. The other male members of his class were also streaming in, their conversations excited as they prepared for the weekend. Midoryia started taking off his gym suit as Todoroki rummaged in his locker. " I think I'm making headway, but it's slow so it's frustrating." he said as he too started to change back into his school uniform.

Midoriya nodded. He understood how annoying it could be to feel as if you're not getting stronger. He was about to encourage his friend to keep trying but a sudden explosion following by loud, angry yelling distracted him. Midoriya knew who it was before the blonde even entered the room.

The door slammed open and Bakugo swaggered in followed by a determined spiky red head.

"I said no, damn it! Why the hell would I want to go?" he yelled as he yanked his locker open.

"It will be fun! And you've been saying you need a break so just come to the party already. Plus, I beat you in cards last night and the bet was I got one request and I'm making this it." Kirishima pushed back, tugging off his jacket that he had ripped up again.

"You didn't beat me, you got lucky!" Bakugo yelled, throwing his shirt and jacket in the locker and pulling out his school clothes .Midoriya watched out of the corner of his eye at his childhood friend. He could tell Kacchan was getting stronger by how broad his back had gotten. The muscles were much more toned after two years of training at U.A., and he was taller too. Then again, they had all grown, but Bakugo had always grabbed Midoriya's attention the most.He felt his cheeks redden as he turned back to his own locker,hurriedly dressing and trying to tie his red tie. He still sucked at it.

"Hey Midoriya! Todoroki!" a cheerful voice called. Kirishima walked over and towered over Midoriya, but was equal height to Todoroki."I'm throwing a Halloween party for the weekend. The whole class is invited so can I count on you being there?"

"A party?" Midoriya asked, "In the dorms? You actually got permission from Aizawa to do that?" Midoriya was impressed.Their teacher hated parties, or anything that made tons of noise and required him to spend his time watching them more than he needed to.He didn't think the teacher disliked them, but he knew how much Aizawa lacked in energy outside of work.

Kirishima smiled proudly, " Aizawa is actually going to be out of town so I got present Mic to chaperone and he loves parties. So it's cool."

"Oh,okay. I'll go. Sounds fun!." Midoriya answered. Todoroki stepped out from his locker, fully dressed in his uniform. "If it's in the dorms where we all live, then why the invitations? We'll already be there, right?" he asked. Kirishima tisked, "Ah, except it's not in the dorms per se. We made a fire pit in the woods with outdoor heaters we borrowed from the theater group after the festival. We also set up lights and decorations for fun, and there is even going to be a scare test!" the excited red head exclaimed his eyes shining with how worked up he was getting.