Ponyboy

For Finns_babygirl

I had this in my Drafts Since October 27 I am so so

"Okay, everyone get into groups. We don't have an even amount of students so one of you would have to work alone," Your teacher clapped her hands together and smiled. I felt bad for whoever had to do this project alone it'd probably be hard. We had to write a fictional short story, and I wrote them all the time. Then after we present the story to kids at the kindergarten down the street. I looked around and smiled when I saw Ponyboy Curtis fiddling with his pencil. Awkwardly he sat looking around at everyone grouping up. With both of our ideas, we'd do great. Standing up and walking over to him I tapped his shoulder.

"Hey, Ponyboy! I'm Jenna, and I was hoping you'd want to work together for the project?" He looked up at me and looked me up and down seizing me up.

"Now don't take my words to heart Jenna, but it looks like you care more about your makeup then school work,"

Your whole body froze. You heard laughing looking behind him a boy put his hand on Ponyboy's shoulder.

"Good one man! Wanna work together on the project!?" He laughed, Pony smiled.

"Yeah sure,"

It's like I wasn't there. Like, my feelings didn't matter. I didn't wear loads of makeup. I wore winged liner, and a light lipstick just usually was my look. I didn't pile it on or anything, I liked it. It wasn't long until I realized that everyone had sat down with their partners and now I'd be the person working alone. I looked back and Ponyboy who stared up at me with a smirk on his face. The boy next to him seemed to be throwing logs into his fire that gave him the audacity to say such a thing. Keeping my cool, I looked him directly in the eye.

"I've heard worse things from better people," I said then swung around and walked toward my desk. I was only glancing to see him glaring at me rolling his tongue over his teeth.

Ponyboy's POV

She sat there alone scribbling on her paper. Everyone had desk clamped together with another when she with one desk off to the corner of the room lay there alone. My stomach turned, I looked down at my blank paper. My partner Noah ran out on me to hang around some girls. I sighed and began to take some notes. Jenna's words wouldn't stop replaying in my mind. Better people? Who does she think she is? Better people!? What does that even mean?

Time Skip

Darry chuckled at a joke that Soda made and the silence took over us. It was pretty funny but, I wasn't in a laughing mood. 

"What's wrong kid brother?" Soda asked throwing his arm around me. I swallowed and looked down,

"Nothing, I just have a project due Monday, and I haven't even got halfway through,"
I mumbled,