Dallas

For pexchysenpai

trigger warning mention of suicide. I know the song is kinda happy but again it's johnny's favorite song it's not really supposed to fit the tone of the story, I hope you like it, queen!

You walked beside the tracks, the cold wind blew against your Rosie cheeks. The sun was rising the train was getting ready to leave. You hopped on after the workers had checked to see if anyone was on. You lay back enjoying the soft music playing on your small radio. You closed your eyes, you came here every Saturday morning when the train goes to the country and back. To get away from everything, and everyone especially them, your family was a wreck. It was peaceful and calm it helped you forget the past week and prepare you for another. You heard the train begin to start and stumbling someone hopped into the cart. Your eyes shot open and met his, Dallas. He looked at you shocked, you were in the same gang as him and basically considered the Curtis brothers your brothers, but you never really got to know Dallas. It was like he was intimated by you, like how Ponyboy was half scared of nice girls. You were always nice to Dallas, and that made him feel off. You were different and he knew that.

"Dallas?" You asked sitting up. He walked over and sat on the other side of the train door.

"The one and only," he lit a cigarette and studied your face,
You stared back not knowing what to do. "What are you doing here?" He asked blowing out the smoke.

"I come here every Saturday morning," you answered he looked up at you his eyes widened

"No kidding," he said with a small smile.

"What?" You asked,

"I come here every Saturday too, it's just that they close the cart I usually would be in." He started, popping a cancer stick in your mouth and lighting it. You nodded thanks. "No problem, it'd warm you up anyway, anybody in their right mind would come here with a jacket but you didn't." He chuckled, you looked down feeling a bit embarrassed. "Aww c'mon I didn't mean it like that. It's just real cold out."

"I got into it with my parents and I just ran out and made my way here, not really thinking about jackets." I started remembering, he took notice if your sad state.

"C'mere," he said you looked up and met his brown eyes.

"Huh?"

"Get over here," he had the smallest smile. You nodded and sat next to him. He wrapped his arm around you so that his jacket was covering you. That's when you heard the music still playing on your radio. Unchained melody began. "Ya know, Johnny...Johnnycake loved this song." He said looking off into the rising sun. You looked up at him, his eyes radiated sadness. Johnny only died two weeks. 

"Is that why you come here?" You asked, a little nervous that you crossed a line with the question.

"Huh?"

"Johnny, is that why you come here? Cause you miss him?" You whispered and he nodded,

"Yeah..." His voice broke as he whispered, and his eyes filled with tears. He sat up quickly getting anxious about himself. "I really do ya know? I-It's like he left me. Goddamnit, why did you leave me!" He shouted tears now running down his cheeks, he hugged his knees tightly as he cried and you knew what he needed it was something that he never had until Johnny and now he lost it. He needs someone he needs love.  You missed Johnny so much as well, you blocked it out completely, But now dally needed you.

"Shhhh, hey Dal, come here." You took him into your arms as he cried. You ran your hands through his hair as he lay in your lap silently crying.

"It hurts so bad," he mumbled, you looked down at him, "I-I almost killed myself," he sobbed

"Dally no," you said your voice sad he only nodded. You wanted to cry but you couldn't Johnny didn't die he's not dead, but as you looked down at the crying boy in your lap, you lost it. "D-Dallas stop it, J-Johnny wouldn't want that now w-would he!?" You stuttered.

"I didn't do it!" He yelled, "I didn't..." He whispered.

"So you don't wanna do it or else you already would have!" You shouted.

"I didn't do it, Serena!"

"Why!?"

"BECAUSE OF YOU!" he yelled, everything stopped, he sat in front of you on his knees.

"Dal-" he cut you off, His lips on yours. Tears still streaming down both of your cheeks you kissed him back. When you both pulled away he stared at you.

"Because if I were to do it, then I leave you and there's no way in hell I would ever do that." You pulled him back into a hug and held him close, you both were still full-blown crying but it was okay because both of you finally learned that it's okay to cry and even though there was no more Johnny you had each other and you could just see him smiling down at you guys, with his golden smile.

I hope you like this Ser-rena she's one of my best friends since kindergarten she taught me every sexual joke I know! 

     -Gigi