FORTY

|40

|40.| NOT AFRAID

THE GROUP MEET UP WITH PROFESSOR SHANE so that he can take them to find Silas and the cure. Damon insisted that his sister would stay behind to keep Klaus busy and make sure nothing bad happens knowing that something just may happen. The group travel all the way to an island off the Nova Scotia mainland, taking Shane's word that they will find the cure there.

Going to the Gilbert house, Cora drives to the house Klaus is trapped inside with Jason in hopes of convincing the Original to let him live. The girl walks into the house knowing no one will greet her and she looks over at the living room, seeing Klaus staring at Kol's burnt corpse. He feels their presence and turns around to see them stand a bit of ways.

"Ah, isn't it my favorite hybrid and Salvatore," Klaus teasingly smiles at the two and Cora rolls her eyes.

"Came to check up on you, thought you would need a friend or two," Cora walks closer to the barrier and Klaus hums.

"Well, all I see is a friend and a backstabbing comrade of mine," Klaus glances at Jason and looks at Cora. "Did you think I would be happy with him being here?"

"No, but I'm here to try and convince you to let him go," Cora looks at him and Klaus chuckles, not responding until Tyler walks inside.

"Morning, sunshine," Tyler looks at Klaus then sees the Salvatore glaring at him. "Cora."

"Tyler," Cora looks up with her jaw clenched. Jason looks at them confused while Klaus chuckles at the tension.

"You look pathetic," Tyler looks back at Klaus, enjoying his taunting since there's a barrier between them.

"Only until Bonnie's spell locking me in here wears off. Then I'll look different. Angrier, perhaps," Klaus folds his hands behind his back. "Or I won't look like anything because I'll have gouged your eyeballs from their sockets."

"My friends will be back with the cure by then. So, I could shove it down your throat and make you mortal," Tyler threatens and Cora rolls her eyes at his sudden confidence.

"I'm an Original. What makes you think my entire vampire bloodline won't be cured along with me? I.e., you," Klaus says with a straight face, only showing annoyance.

"You know what I think? I think that's impossible. I think the moment you stop being a vampire, our whole blood connection to you is broken, and your sire-line ceases to exist," Tyler explains. "So, whatever happens to you, happens only to you, which means I can kill your ass and no one else has to die. Although I am still debating just how to do it."

Klaus speeds towards Tyler which makes Jason take a step forward. Cora holds her arm out for him to stop, seeing that Klaus actually can't get anywhere close to him at all because of the barrier.