THIRTEEN

|13

|13.| PRANK GONE WRONG

AS THE NEW SENIORS OF MYSTIC FALLS HIGH PREPARE FOR THEIR MEMORABLE EVENT OF THE YEAR, they start it all of by setting up the senior prank for the whole school to see for themselves the next morning. Elena, Caroline, Bonnie, Tyler and their new member of their friend group Evans set up mouse traps around the dark classroom they are in. The door opens wide and Matt who steps inside touches one trap, setting it off then all of them as a domino effect. Matt turns the lights on to reveal the group of seniors trying to set up the traps without destroying it.

"Oh, come on! Seriously?" Caroline whines. "Do you know how long it took for us to set it all up?"

"Forgot about senior prank night, huh?" Tyler chuckles, looking at Matt. "Clearly."

"How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year," Caroline states.

"Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this," Elena looks at him.

"Elena and Bonnie kind of dragged me into this," Evans shrugs while holding a trap in his hand.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this," Matt finally says something.

"Caroline's making us," Bonnie says afterwards.

"We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't-"

"And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?" Elena cuts her off, smiling smugly at Caroline.

"Go ahead and make fun, I don't care," Caroline puts her hands up.

"You're all lame. And I've got ten more classrooms to prank," Tyler says, picking up a duffle bag. He nods his head for Evans to follow and the two leave the room. Elena stands up and gets ready to leave.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Bonnie stops her.

"To superglue Alaric's desk shut. I'm making memories," Elena smiles and leaves with Caroline yelling back at her. "I love you!"

Elena walks down the halls to see Tyler giving instructions to the group of people who are ready to start setting up their pranks. She laughs and opens some double doors, nearly bumping into someone, no other than Klaus himself.

"There's my girl," Klaus smirks at her.

"Klaus," Elena breathes out and turns around, trying run away until Cora pops up in front of her. "Cora."

"You are supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?" Klaus says, walking up from behind her.

Elena shutters in fear and looks at the sister, seeing her give her an apologetic glance. He grips the doppelgänger's arm tightly and marches down the hallways, signaling for Cora to follow.