TWO

|02

|02.| DINNER PARTY

CORA SITS AT A TABLE with Alaric, Damon and his girlfriend, the news reporter. She sits there, stirring her drink with a small straw, thinking back to some years when her and Damon left their brother while he wasn't in his right state of mind. Also the day where she was turned by her brother. Random to think of, she thought, but it never left her mind.

"Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" Damon asks Ric, pulling his sister out from her daydreaming.

"No, it was boring. Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming," Alaric replies to his friend.

"The charming part is correct," Cora points out and takes a drink of her bourbon. Alaric gives her a look of disbelief and she slightly shrugs.

"You sounded jealous. Sound a bit jealous?" Damon teases him a bit, leaning over to ask both his sister and blood bag.

"Kinda do," Andie replies.

"Just a tad bit," Cora uses her fingers to show what she meant.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here," Alaric nods his head towards Damon, who finally understands what he meant.

"Andie, she's been compelled not to divulge my secrets. Haven't you?"

Andie nods at his statement and the two kiss each other a few times, earning some comments from the reporter. Both the sister and friend look at the two, slightly disgusted from their little moment.

"This is too weird," Alaric comments, earning a nod from Cora.

"I just need the right opportunity," Damon says. As if on cue, in walking came Elijah and Jenna. "Ah, there's Jenna with her new boyfriend. Hi."

"Hey guys," Jenna says as they both walk up to their table. As pure usual, Damon introduces his baby sister to the new face. Cora and Jenna happily shakes each other's  hand.

"So I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today," Damon comments after introductions.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," Jenna slightly shrugs.

"Well, as much as I'd like to continue this, I've got papers to grade," Alaric sighs, putting down some money on the table and gets up from his seat.

"No, you know what? We should continue this. Let's have a dinner party," Andie suggests and Damon slightly smirks.

"Ooh, my girl. Full of good ideas. I'll be happy to host. Say tonight. Maybe?" Damon says.

"It's good for me. Jenna?"

"I don't know if tonight works," Alaric trails off a bit at the idea.

"Yeah, I'm free," Jenna answers nonchalantly.