TWELVE

|12

|12.| PROBLEMATIC

CONSIDERING THE ORIGINAL SISTER IS IN A 1920s DRESS, SHE NEEDS A CHANGE. The four vampires head over to a fancy clothing store so Rebekah can pick out whatever she liked with a little help from Cora. But the picky, thousand year old vampire hates the outfits she picked for her since they are not what she expected.

Cora gives up on helping her and walks out to where the boys are seated, drinking champagne. She sits next to Stefan, trying her best to avoid the hybrid although that is impossible when she is stuck with him until he tells her otherwise. Rebekah walks out in a sexy black dress, fitting her body perfectly but she doesn't look happy.

"There has to be more to his dress," Rebekah complains.

"There's not," Klaus says nonchalantly.

"So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers," she complains some more.

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing," Klaus states.

"Well, I think you look stunning in it," Cora complimented the Original.

"Thank you, darling," Rebekah says, not paying much attention. "What is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident."

"It's dance music," Stefan says.

"People dance to this?"

"Are we done?" Klaus interrupts, clearly annoyed.

"And why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah gives him a glare.

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace. And you lost it."

"I didn't lose it. It's been missing for ninety years."

"So, what do you think?" Rebekah asks the Salvatore brother, changing the subject.

"I like it." The Original sister gives him an unsatisfied look, not believing him at all. "What? I said I like it."

"I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan."

With that said, Rebekah turns back around and heads back into the dress room to change. Both Cora and Klaus give Stefan a look.

"Nice one. Good work," Klaus comments.

"You're the one that pulled the dagger out of her," Stefan shoots back, but Rebekah heard.

The young Salvatore excuses himself and walks out of the store, leaving Cora and the two Originals alone, waiting for Rebekah to finish shopping. Klaus pours some champagne into a glass, offering it to the girl. Cora glances at him then the drink, debating whether she wants to drown herself in the alcohol. She sighs and reaches for the bottle instead, drinking from it. Klaus slightly chuckles and drinks the glass he had already poured.