NINE

|09

|09.| MISS YOU

NEARLY TWO MONTHS SINCE CORA HAS DISAPPEARED WITH THE ORIGINAL HYBRID. Just only, she is not the same anymore now that she has large meals every day in her diet because she's forced to by Klaus. It was like a switch flicked off for her—not the humanity switch, never. She still feels, but when she is doing business, it's like there's no humanity in the girl. As for her memory it's still all a blur. She can only remember so much; just bigger parts about her life when Elijah was in it but so little of she and Klaus.

The two supernatural species never got along, until a a month and a half hit where Cora wanted to know more about how did he know her, why did he compel her to forget, and why did he do it in the first place. Of course he dodged those questions, wanting to reveal everything once they arrive to the place where Klaus and Cora had first met. Just as other people would think that the Salvatore would hate him so much to the point where she wouldn't be anywhere near him even when they're working, but that's not it. The two grew rather close; if tolerating the hybrid would be called progress. She no longer had a burning hatred for him, but she still dislikes him, a lot.

As for her family and friends back in Mystic Falls, they're not completely over the fact that Klaus has taken the Salvatore sister away from them. Damon blames himself for getting his baby sister into this situation. He wished he could've fought Tyler harder and make sure he didn't get a bite out of him. Stefan is desperate to get his older sister back, worried that Klaus may have killed her already and Katherine was just lying to them. But he is also worried how she is holding up with all that feeding of blood; Damon had informed him about her bloodlust and her Ripper ego just like his. Elena hates to see the Salvatore brothers so hurt and worried about their sister, and how they blame each other for her sacrifice. They are tearing each other apart.

The duo drive to the house where they are searching for a certain man who is a werewolf. Klaus is desperate to find wolf packs so he can turn them into hybrids and become their sire. He parks off on the side of the road, making sure the car is well hidden to go along with the plan.

"Stay here, love," Klaus looks at Cora. "Time to get some answers. You'll know when to come once you hear the screams."

"Good thing we're in the middle of nowhere," Cora gives him a quick smile and looks forward, dropping it.

"Oh, don't be so glum," Klaus uses his index finger to turn her head to look at him. "Just sit tight and you'll get your kills."

Cora slightly smiles and lifts up her hand, moving his finger from her face. The hybrid gives her a serious look and gets out, walking towards the house where the man they're looking for supposedly lives. She waits a few minutes and gets out, hearing a door slam and she slightly smirks. Klaus goes inside to have a chat with the two women inside. The woman that is being held by the hybrid tries to run for the front door, but there stood Cora.