- t h i r t e e n -

Start from the beginning

Declan isn't able to say more as Finnick now enters. He shows his surprise at the mess in the kitchen as well as the mood between Declan and I but isn't able to say much as I take him by the elbow and drag him out of the kitchen. I drag him for a bit until we're in the third living room that this floor had.

I release him and he raises a questioning eyebrow.

"What was that for?" He asks, rubbing his elbow.

"Spill whatever you've been hiding from me," I demand and he looks confused until realization crosses his features and he chews on his lips.

"Kai, you spent two years without knowing. Why is now important to know about Declan's past?" Finnick asks as he sits gingerly on the arm rest of a loveseat.

"Bolt," I sigh and bite my lip as I hold my head in my hands for a bit before looking at him with my full attention and with all seriousness, "I'm staring to really accept him and it's weird because I didn't want to but I am and I think I-I like him, not just like him but—God, I want to be with him."

Finnick gaps for a few moments, his cheeks tinting pink before he squeals very unmanly like as he shoots up from his previous spot and over to me.

"You're accepting him," he grasps my shoulders and shakes me, "this is big."

Big like Declan's—bad Kai.

I blushed, I was even making sexual jokes inside my head about him! This was beyond bad.

"I want to know about his past," I repeat myself.

"I don't think you should hear it from me," Finnick frowns, "it isn't my place to tell."

"You're just afraid he'll kill you," I narrow my eyes.

"That too," He sheepishly smiles.

I roll my eyes.

"Vera just mind linked me, she wants us to help Chris and Elliot serve the cookies," Finnick says.

I nod and we begin walking back to the kitchen I was previously at with Declan. We catch Chris and Elliot in the living room and watch them give the children who were gathered their cookies. We join and with displeasure I hand cookies out to the children, once in a while I slip a cookie into my mouth to which Chris elbows me constantly for but he does the exact same thing. Hypocrite.

I hear Elliot gasp and I turn to look at him. He's glaring at a little boy who's talking excitedly with another little boy. I walk over to Elliot and he turns to look at me; he grasps my arm and pulls me back.

"That's the little boy who told his father on me and almost got me beat up," he whispers and I frown.

A while back, Elliot told me about a snotty brat of a kid who almost got him pummeled by his dad. I glare at the child and the child looks at me with confusion but scowls back at me and sticks his tongue out. Someone slaps him in the back of the head and as I look up I see it was Blake who did it.

"Behave," she scolds.

They looked alike and it made me to believe that they were siblings.

"Sorry for my brother," she says to me and Elliot who still frowns.

"It's whatever," I say indifferently and watch as she smiles at me before ruffling her brothers hair and leaving.

After that, we finished serving the cookies to all the kids and no later than ten minutes after, they passed out in the living room. Some fell asleep on the floor while others fell asleep on the couch.

Vera entered the room carrying Jaylin in her one arm, with a tray of possibily our last cookies in her other arm.

"Take this to the third floor to the kids in the living room with the weird painting," she instructs.