33 - The First

I hope you're all enjoying some more Alison and Liam action. It only gets better from here.

___________________________________

I woke in the morning to a painful burning sensation on my arm. I shot upright in my bed and looked down at my bicep. There was a mark on my arm, and my gut twisted in pain as I realised what it was. I wasn't stupid.

Veronica was with Liam again.

I looked next to me, where Liam had slept last night. He wasn't there anymore, but his scent was. I was covered in it and so was my bed. I felt more than relieved to have his scent around me. It was comforting.

I sighed and got up. I got ready and then sat down on my bed to pull on shoes and socks. On my nightstand, I noticed a folded piece of paper.

My beast purred as I reached for it. It had 'SUGAR' written on the front. It was from Liam. He was the only one who called me that. I didn't understand the nickname, but clearly it made sense to him. I kind of liked it too.

I opened the note and read over it with eager eyes. Liam's handwriting with messy but easily readable. He was left handed, judging by the smudges on some of the words on the paper.

Had to leave early for Beta business... hope you have a good training. I'll catch up with you later - L

I smiled to myself and the disappointment from the burn on my arm disappeared. I slipped on shoes and socks before I bounded out my room, too excited for the day ahead.

"Morning," I greeted Jenny and Ezra as I walked into the kitchen. They both immediately gave me strange looks.

Ezra raised his eyebrows at me and rolled his eyes as he sniffed the air. But a smirk grew on his lips quickly. "I hope you didn't mind that I let Liam stay last night. He told me that you asked him to stay anyway."

I nodded slowly, only slightly remembering the conversation that Liam and I had when he first brought me to bed. He placed me in my bed and tucked me in, kissed my forehead and turned to leave. I remembered reaching out to him and grabbing the sleeve of his hoodie before he could leave.

I must've asked him to stay after that. It would explain how I woke up with him in my bed.

"Nope. It's all fine. I'm going on a run now... are you joining?" I shrugged at them both and then looked to Ezra who was dressed in what he called his 'sexy vampire gear'. He only wore it when he worked out.

Ezra grinned at me and motioned to his outfit. "I've got my sexy outfit on. Of course I'm coming."

Jenny rolled her eyes and scoffed at Ezra as I laughed. He was such a tease. But I loved him anyway. Ezra looked back at Jenny and winked before we made our way to the front door.

I expected Brayleigh and Lila to be waiting outside for me, but they weren't. I figured that they both decided it was too cold in the morning for running. It was beginning to get almost too cold for even me to run.

"Let's take this trail. It leads right into the forest. Long but easy," Ezra said as he pointed at a trail that was next to Brayleigh's cabin. I had taken it only once before. The trail gave me an odd feeling.

It made my beast on edge. I had no idea why. The trail was perfectly fine. There wasn't anything wrong with it. But it gave me the chills.

"Alright. I think we'll need to be careful on this mud though. It's starting to get slippery around here now," I told him cautiously. He laughed and nodded at me as we started to jog.

The first part of the track was fine. My beast was cautious but neither of us were uncomfortable. That was until we reached a quarter of the way.

The air seemed to shift. It felt different, less comfortable. It wasn't welcoming in a way and I for some reason felt somewhat threatened. I didn't like it whatsoever.