marvel • thor odinson

Say Yes to the Dress

"I don't understand why I have to wear this ridiculous gown. I look dumb. I'm me, there's no need to get fancy."

   Thor chuckles at his girlfriend's theatrics. He runs his hand over his mouth in an attempt to hide his smile, but still fails. "It's not ridiculous. They could put you in a jester costume and you'd somehow make it look extraordinary."

   Her arms fall to her sides as she listens to his words. A smile covers her face at his compliment, a blush creeping its way onto her cheeks. "No ones ever told me that before."

   "Then I am honored to be the first." He grins, "Now, we must hurry or we'll be late."

Thor holds out a hand for Y/N as she steps down from the small pedestal the designer of the gown had her stand on. She places her small hand in his, slightly lifting her gown off the floor with the other.

"All I need are my shoes."

   Thor quickly reaches to the bed behind him and grabs her elegant heels. She takes them from him and slides them on her feet, placing a hand on his shoulder to keep balance. "I have to have you promise one thing, though." She stands up straight, smoothing out her dress, "If I trip or fall, please don't laugh. These heels are really tall."

   A chuckle slips past Thor's lips, "I promise, I won't. If you fall, I will fall, too."

^^^

"I must say, you did good, Thor. I wasn't expecting her to clean up this nicely." Loki comments next to Thor and Y/N. She turns and glares at him, "I could say the same for you. A lot less greasy."

   The three stand quietly to the side of the room, awaiting Odin's announcement for them to join him at the throne.

   "I would now like to present my son's future wife, and your future queen." Odin looks towards Y/N as she gathers the bottom of her dress and begins walking towards him, a gleeful smile present on her face.

   "All jokes aside, brother, she does look quite ravishing. I'm glad you were able to find someone like her." Loki genuinely compliments, patting Thor on the shoulder.

   "You have no idea how wonderful she is, Loki. She has to be the strongest person I've ever met. In all honesty, I cannot wait to marry her." Thor doesn't take his eyes off of Y/N as she greets Odin and many others near the throne, a sense of love and pride fills his heart.

   "I told you she'd be the one, but no you refuse to listen to me." Loki inputs, making Thor smile.