Chapter 21:- The Target's Daughter

Start from the beginning

He walks up to this tall man in all black and shakes hands with him, then call me over and introduces me to him as "James", which was weird at first but Aakash had kept his name as "Ashwin", which was much more stupid.

The man had a firm grip and introduced himself as "Harry", again I didn't give it much of thought. The man starts to talk about how we should walk up to this "T-junction" in the lawn and split into 2 groups and start finding Akaash's dad before Sylvester notices.

So we head towards the T-junction where I decided to go left and the rest went right, this was because I actually thought the left section had a lot more decorations and more guards and no one would suspect a cute little teenager like me to be harmful.

The 2 of them went right with the intention that I wouldn't bump into trouble so I would say even I was left alone, I got the better end of the stick. 

The left turn I took led to this beautifully lit stairway that led to the next floor which seemed to not as decorated as the ground floor, so me being the pussy I was decided to walk straight and ignore the stairs as a whole.

That's when I get a buzz on my phone, It was a Snapchat notification again and I opened it without hesitating and simultaneously walked down the hallway this door that led to the lawn of the mansion. Huh? This mansion's lawn looks awfully similar, something told me that I've seen it already. Meh, might just be an illusion.

I walk towards the area where there was a crowd of people dressed in suits and dresses and I didn't get any weird stares from anyone because of the fact that I too was wearing a AMAZING blazer! Well that's when I looked down at my phone and noticed that it was a picture of a chocolate fountain with the caption, "Hey, it seems like we have a similar shaped chocolate fountain here! Seems like a coincidence?"

I laughed it out and replied with laughing emoticons, but deep down in my head I was getting a Eery feeling that something was wrong here. I kept walking around the lawn noticing people, because these people seemed different from the normal rich families. So curiosity got the better of me and I walked up to the bartender trying to not look 17 by pretending to have a deeper voice and a stretched out chest. When I pulled out a chair to sit I realised I looked more old than I thought, because the bartender literally slides a drink into my hands saying "the first drink is on him."

So I smile back at him and casually try to not look suspicious and sipped a bit of the drink and lean forwards to him.

"Hey, do you have any idea as to who the most popular guest here is?", I asked.

The bartender looked me up and down, laughed then pointed at this old 50-60 ish old man with a well groomed beard which was coloured black but had white strands due to old age, he had these black RayBan Polaroid Glasses that went with his attire of grey stripped suit with a white T-shirt inside. The man had a cheeky little rose on his left pocket of the blazer!

I looked at him for a solid 5 seconds and then turned back to the bartender and asked,"What's his name again?"

The bartender again chuckled and replied,"It's quite sad that you came for this party and not know who Sylvester is."

My jaw dropped at the thought of my target literally 15 feet away from me, like about a gunpoint range! I could just end the fights just now by this act of bravery, so I jumped up and started walking towards this Sylvester guy and by every step I took the more satisfied I felt, because I was about to assassinate this guy and make Aakash's life 10 times easier!

So I approached him very slowly and in a gentleman's way of walking with the drink in my hand, I was planning of stabbing him with the shattered part of the glass or probably just choke him but then it dawned on me! I had a gun with me.

I was about 2 feet away from him when I grabbed for my gun in the blazer, and with the prayer to Jesus to forgive me this one time because I was doing a good deed, I was about to aim at him when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around and was startled.

"Hiiii John! So it was a coincidence after all that we are in the same occasion!", it was Natalie.

Subconscious Mind:- "Alright abort mission right now! Keep this fucking gun back inside before she notices!"

I just stared at her for a few seconds to buy myself time to keep the gun back inside the blazer and then I smiled back.

"Heyy..yeah it does seem like a small world doesn't it.", I replied.

She chuckled and said,"Yeah man it definitely is!"

Then she looks over my shoulder and make eye contact with someone and says,"Well at least now that you are here, It wouldn't hurt to meet my parents wouldn't it?"

I nodded back and said,"Oh they've come too! Great!"

Subconscious Mind:- "Why is it such a small world!"

She turns me around and I see Mrs. Lorelle standing with a couple of her friends, I do my share of showing respect to the introductions by the simple method of smile and way. Soon we were done with the introductions and I Natalie if she wanted to take a walk round the lawn, to which she agreed and so we both walked away from the party.

I talk about school and my previous experience with that creepy man in school while completely forgetting that I had a purpose for why I even came here! That's when Natalie hit with the question,"So did your uncle or someone get invited for the get-together? Because this is private party as much as I overheard from Dad while he's on the phone."

"Umm, It's complicated..", I reply while rubbing my hair in confusion.

"Alright..", she says.

"Aah, by the way do you have any Idea who this Sylvester is?", I asked in a sly manner.

Subconscious Mind:- *facepalm*

Natalie takes a pause and then chuckles,"Ohh that! How'd you come to know of the pseudonyms? Seems like who ever brought you here too might have a pseudonym of his own!"

I looked at her with a blank face but let out a laugh to avoid bringing it to her notice that she just created an awkward situation..

"So who are these people again?", I asked while attempting to recollect something.

Natalie looks at me in the and says,"They are apparently partners of my dad's company that he shutdown due to some reason. So they used to be kinky and keep pseudonyms."

Subconscious Mind:- "Alright, that seems convincing but something seems fishy.."

"So who is this Sylvester?", I asked again.

"Oh my bad. That's the pseudonym for my Dad, the owner of the company.", she replied in a firm tone.

Subconscious Mind:- "What the fuck!"

*****

What's up people! How's our daily life going? Does it suck? Do you run out of steam by the time you come back home from work or college etc. Well same here, I've just got a break finally and hence I decided to add this segment to the story.

Let me know your thoughts on this second twist to the story!

Until next time! Peace!

:D