Chapter 3: Meeting

Ok just to warn you this is a flashback chapter. Enjoy!!!

Beginning of flashback

===================================

It was five years ago...... (you were ten)

"Why today, out of all days?" you thought to yourself, "Why cant I get any money? I haven't been caught yet, have I? And on my birthday too....."

You walked down to the closest alleyway, unawares of another human being there.

"Well this day sucked." you whined aloud, "First, its rainy so no money today, second im starving and cold, and third, its my birthday!"

As you said those last few words tears started to well up in your (e/c) eyes. You sat in the darkest shadow and sobbed silently until you heard a glass shard being crushed.

"....who's there?" You whimper backing farther into the shadows.

"Don't worry, I don't bite." The mysterious voice replied. "Come on out."

"No."

"Fine then, I was going to share my food with you, but I guess you just want to starve on your birthday."

You slowly walked out of the shadows to under the dim light. There was a boy sitting there, not much taller than you, with black hair and decent clothes. Surprisingly clean, too.

"H-how did you know??" you asked warily

"You think out loud, you know"

"Y-yeah I do that a lot" you said, sitting down with him. What the mysterious boy had in front of him was a small loaf of bread.

"Well I might as well introduce myself. My name is Levi." he announced as he broke the piece of bread.

"My name is _____" You say back as he hands you a piece of the loaf. "Thank you again for sharing with me. It's just my luck that I couldn't get any money or food on my birthday."

"It was no probl-" A loud shout echoed through the alleyway you two were in. "C'mon ____ lets go." Levi whispered as he took your hand, "I know a place to hide."

You followed Levi all the way to a little opening underneath an abandoned house.

"We should be safe here. Now go ahead and eat your bread."

You sat in silence until you both finished it.

"Well sorry _____ but I have to go. Happy Birthday." And he left without another word

=================================

Hi!! It's me the author. Sorry for the REALLY late update im so bad with deadlines :P. Anyway did you like the chapter?? I have got some good ideas for the next few chapters so bear with me on the updates. Bye for now!!
      ~Hanji Frizzle