Dixon Brothers x Sister! Reader

This is a Pre-Apocalypse Imagine. You are 14, Daryl is 19 and Merle is 29.

Contains themes at can be triggering to others such as child abuse, violent content, and provocative language.

Readers you have been warned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"DUMB BITCH!!! TELL ME WHERE HE IS!!! WHERES DARYL!", My dad yelled.  He threw the beer bottle that was in his hand at the wall behind you, it shattered sending the liquid that he believes is my valuable then air cascading down the wall.

"I don't know!", I desperately yell back trying to think of a way to get out of your current situation, "He was gone this mornin' when I got up!"

"THATS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH ANSWER BITCH!!", My dad yelled back, "COME 'RE!"

When I didn't move he reached for me and grabbed my hair.

"I SAID COME 'RE'", He was REALLY angry now. He dragged me down the hall and pushed me down the stairs.

I tumbled down hitting my head against the door knob of the coat closet at the bottom of the stairs.

"Daryl", I weakly called out.

"There's no use in calling for your dumbass brother. He's not 're is he!!!" Dad climbed over me and grabbed my jaw.

He took a swing but it never made it. I looked up and saw Daryl holding him back.

"DON'T TOUCH 'ER!!", Daryl said with a threatening voice. Dad looked back with a hard glare.

"And what are you going to do about it? Hmm. 'Cause you weren't here this mornin'. Your shit was packed and you were gone! Why are you 're now!", My father asked with a LARGE amount of hatred.

"'Cause my sister is 're jackass!", Daryl's fist came down and sent our ol' man to the floor, "GO GO GO! GRAB YOUR BAG AND GET IN THE TRUCK!"

I scrambled up and took off up the stairs, my bare feet picking up glass shards as I ran. Pushing the door open I fall to my knees hissing in pain. I reached under the bed and grabbed the pre-packed red backpack and a duffel bag with my schools logo on it. Getting up off my knees I grab my shoes from beside my bed and tore through the hallway getting even more glass in the feet.When I reached the bottom of the stairs I paused not seeing Daryl or dad. I heard a scream of pain and took off towards the sound.

"DARYL! DARYL!!", I called out frantically.

He staggered around through the back door, picked me up and ran out the front of the house throwing my bags in the truck bed and placing me in the cab. He climbed in without a word and peeled off down the dirt road and out of the forest that surrounded our own personal hell.

+++++++

We parked at a gas station and he grabbed a small first aid kit. It was silent except for my hisses of pain and the sound of cars in the background.

"Why did you come back?", I said in a meek voice followed by a hiss and a flinch when he pulled out a big piece.

"I couldn't leave you behind...", he said just as quietly.

"YOU ALREADY DID THAT!", I screamed in anger.

"I know I know! And I'm sorry for that ok!!! Merle told me I could leave with him and come back for you, (Y/N)!", Daryl said looking hurt, "that's why we're 're... Merle'll be here soon."

"That's no excuse...", I looked down.

"I know that (Y/N)...", he sighed. "I'll do whatever it takes to make you forgive me but you have to trust me.. ok? This is good for us."

I opened my mouth to say something but the rumbling sound of Merle's bike beat me to it. He jumped off as soon as he saw me. Merle gently touched my cheek then leaned his forehead against mine.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't 've told Daryl to leave without you. I'm a bad brother.", Merle sounded like he was going to cry.

"Hey hey it's ok.", I said while grabbing his cheeks pushed his head back so I could look him in the eyes, "It's not your fault. You came back."

Merle jerked away from me , "YEAH BUT YOU GOT HURT!", he slammed his fist on the side of the truck.

I jumped and cowered away slightly. He sighed, " I'm sorry. Come 're let me bandage your feet. Daryl go get somethin' to eat. We've got quite the drive to get to the house."

He finished cleaning off the blood and placed the little gauze pad thing on the bottoms of my feet. He looked up at me before wrapping my feet up with the gauze. He sighed when he finished and pulled me into a hug. I hesitated before placing my arms 'round him, Merle's never hugged me before I didn't really know what was going on.

"I'm sorry..."

"It's fine Merle."

"But it's not!!"

"It is Merle. It's fine. I'm ok. Daryl's ok. We're finally outta that hell hole, everythin' is great!" He sighed and pulled away to put the supplies up. Daryl came back a few minutes later with food.

In truth it is fine. I have both of my brothers, I'm out of that prison, we have a new beginning... all three of us. I'll get to start school wherever we're going, I might even make some friends, who knows! I'm finally happy.

+++++++
Edited

~Jolly