Jealousy

Nico was making his way towards the training area when he saw Y/n talking to someone. Normally this wouldn't have bothered him if it was someone else, but it was Y/n. Of course it was going to bother him.

Now he wouldn't admit it but Nico had a huge crush on them. He's tried to focus on other things but everything led back to them, no matter what.

As he was getting closer he saw the guy they were talking to was a bit too close for Nico's comfort. Biting back his anger, he made to the arena.

As he was training, he kept an eye on the two at all times. Nico wasn't paying attention and he stabbed his whole right hand into the training dummy.

"Uh, Nico are you alright?" Nico turned to see Jason staring at his arm with concern. He turned sheepishly to look at his arm. "Not really," he mumbled and subconsciously turned towards Y/n.

"It wouldn't have to do with a certain someone," Jason turned towards Y/n, "would it?" Nico immediately turned pink. "I see. Why won't you just go talk to them," Jason offered. Nico's eyes immediately widened. Do you really think I'm capable of doing that, thought Nico.

    "I can't," Nico said as he turned towards him. "Nico, just because they're talking to someone, it doesn't mean they don't like you," began Jason, " and if you asked me, I'd say they like you too."

Nico just turned his head back to Y/n. After a couple of seconds, and getting his hand out of the dummy, he began walking towards them. As he got closer, he saw the guy wrapping his arm around Y/n's shoulders as they tried to scoot away. He immediately picked up his pace.

    "Hey Y/n can I talk to you for a minute?" Asked Nico as he was right in front of the two. Y/n's eyes immediately brighten as soon as they saw him.

   "Actually," began the guy, " they're a little busy at the moment. So why don't you leave us alone and go back to raising the dead or something."

    Nico silently curled and uncurled his fists at the remark. Don't listen to him, he's just tying to get under your skin. Don't let him get the satisfaction. "Y/n," he calmly said, "I'll be by strawberry fields." As he began walking away he heard the two arguing and the sound of someone getting slapped.

As he arrived at the strawberry fields, he turned to see Y/n a couple of steps behind. He couldn't help smiling as they shyly waved at him.

"Thanks for getting me out of there," they said as they shrugged back towards the training arena. "So what was it you wanted to talk about?" They asked.

Oh yeah, I was hopping you wouldn't mention that. Nico took a deep breath as he muttered, "I was jealous." Wow that was a lot easier to say than I thought.

"Why would you be jealous of (insert asshole name)," asked Y/n. "Have you not seen him? Also he had his arms all around you and that just didn't sit right with me," noted Nico.

"There is no reason for you to worry considering how I would never be interested in someone like him," they pointed out. "Really?" Questioned Nico as he looked at them.

"Yeah I like someone else," blushed Y/n. "Oh," whispered Nico. "I'm sure they're a very lucky person," Nico said as he began walking away.

"You are such an idiot," laughed Y/n. "What do you mean?" Asked Nico as he stepped back. "You really don't know?" They said. He shook his head. "And I thought I was making it obvious," they mumbled. "Nico I like you. As in more than a friend."

It took Nico a couple of seconds to finally register what they had said. He immediately blushed as tried to find a response. "I like you too," he responded as he smiled at Y/n.

"Hey Nico?" Asked Y/n. Nico hummed in response. "Do you want to be my boyfriend?"

"Absolutely."

Bonus:

    "Looks like he was able to do it," Jason said as he smiled at the two who were hugging in the strawberry fields.

—————————————

I sort of did this all in one go so I'm sorry if it didn't make to much sense. Also this was supposed to be out yesterday but I had way more homework that I originally thought. Hopefully it wasn't too terrible

~this huge procrastinator~