c l i m a x // XIX

“I can’t really believe this…” Jiyong whispered as he caressed Dara’s hair. Lying on top of him, Dara smiled and snuggled closer to Jiyong. Oh god, how she missed being this close to him.

“Me too.” Dara replied. Then lifted up her head to meet his eyes. “But what can I do when all this time it has always been you?”

“I’m sorry, Dara.” Jiyong let out an apologetic smile to her. “I really do.”

Dara didn’t answer anymore. Their eyes locked with each other. Jiyong’s heart pounded harder against his chest as his hands crept up to cup her crimson colored cheeks. It felt warm against his palms. Their eyes closed out of consciousness and slowly their faces draw closer until they were was just an inch away.

“I love you, baby.” Jiyong said and closed the gap between them.

Dara felt the butterflies tickling inside her stomach when she felt Jiyong’s lips against her lips. It felt magical, so surreal. That after all the things that they’ve been through, they found their way back to each other’s arms. The days and nights she cried are now all gone. The hurt and the pain are now replaced by the immense happiness she’s feeling right now. The only one who can make her heart cry is the same person that can only make her smile.

Maybe it was destiny, maybe it was fate. But whatever it was, she’s just grateful for everything.

Jiyong knew he made a lot of mistakes in his life but having Dara and their family felt like he did something right finally. He was blinded by what he thought was love from whom he thought was a good person. But now, he would never do that again. He dreads the loss of his family and he doesn’t want Dara to feel any more pain.

Even if it takes him forever, he’ll make up for everything he did. Jiyong finally learned his lesson and he learned it well.

--

Bom stirred in her sleep when someone came knocking on her door so early in the morning. She lazily opened her eyes and got up from her bed. When she opened the door, a small replica of Dara and Jiyong stood in front of her with knitted eye brows.

“Oh, Shin Yong-ah.” She was instantly awakened and went down on her knees to match up Shin Yong’s height. “Why? Something happened?”

“I can’t find mommy in our room.” Shin Yong said, frowning.

“What?” Bom asked again. “Are you sure?” Shin Yong nodded and she saw the tears forming on around his eyes.

“Come on, let’s go down and find your mommy, okay?” Bom stood up and held Shin Yong’s had as they went down the stairs.

“Daddy?” Shin Yong blurted out when they were on the last step of the stairs.

“Huh? Silly boy,” She said, ruffling Shin Yong’s hair. “Your daddy’s not he—“ Bom’s eyes widened as her gaze landed on the two figures hugging and lying down on the couch.

“Daddy!” Shin Yong yelled, his eyes almost popping out of its socket in glee. He ran up to Dara and Jiyong then jumped on them. “Daddy! Mommy!” Shin Yong yelled, shaking them to wake up.

“Baby?” Dara said, waking up to the sight of the bouncing Shin Yong in their lap. “Good morning, baby.” She greeted then sat up to kiss his son on the cheek. Jiyong stirred in his sleep, hearing a familiar giggle of a boy.

“Hey, buddy.” Jiyong sat up sleepily upon seeing Shin Yong wearing a toothy grin in his lap. “Good morning. Mind to give your daddy a kiss?” He offered his cheek which Shin Yong gladly kissed.

“Yah! Have I gone crazy? What’s all of these? What’s happening, huh?” Bom walked up to them, with her arms crossed in her chest. She narrowed her eyes at Jiyong but he just shrugged his shoulders at her. “Miss Park Sandara?”