c l i m a x // IX

[FLASH BACK]

“Dara!” her mom ran up to her immediately upon seeing her entering the door. Her mother gently grabbed her face and caressed it lovingly. “Oh god, what happened to you?” Mrs. Park softly inquired to her.

Upon seeing her mother, Dara’s eyes automatically let her tears out surprising the older woman. Her body shook along with her sobs as her mother enveloped her in a warm comforting hug.

“Hush now, dear. We’ll talk later but now let’s get you something to drink.” Mrs. Park said, caressing her back. Dara just nodded and followed her inside her old home.

It was all still the same. The grand interior of their home, the wooden staircase where she used to play when she was a kid, everything was still the same. Oh how she missed this place. Her old home.

“Drink up, dear.” Mrs. Park said, once the serving maid is gone. “It’s your favorite. Jasmine tea. ” She smiled at her daughter and Dara did the same but her smile not reaching her eyes.

They stayed silent and Mrs. Park could only look at her daughter sadly. Her face and lips looked pale, her eyes have dark bags under them, her figure has gone thinner. This is not her daughter. The bright and beautiful daughter she had is now gone.

“What happened, Dara?” she spoke suddenly, making Dara jump a bit. Her daughter looked at her for while hesitantly but looked away after a couple of seconds.

“Tell me, dear.”

“Where’s Shin Yong, mom?” said Dara, her voice shaking.

“Upstairs, sleeping.” She answered then took her hand suddenly. “Now, tell me. What really happened, Dara?”

“Mom, noth—“