nine

I woke up to Kellin poking my face and staring down at me. His legs were on both sides of my hips and he sat on my stomach.

"Ugh, stop." I swatted away his hand, but he quickly placed it back on my face and continued what he was doing. "Why?"

"I like messing with you! It's fun!" Kellin smiled at me and rested his head on my chest. I hummed a response and pulled the blanket over us to get rid of the chill that kept hitting my skin.

We laid like this for a few minutes, talking lowly and chuckling. We reminisced on how we used to have days like this all the time in the winter, especially on snow days. Now, it was just like another snow day and we had picked up where we left off. Kellin clung to me and I held him effortlessly. It was warm and comfortable; I didn't want to leave. But, then, Kellin sat up with his knee pressed into my stomach and I sat up with a groan, pulling him into my lap and hugging him tightly.

"I want food," Kellin said as he played with my bed-head.

"We can get some, but I have to stop home first," Kellin shrugged and got out of bed. I followed him with a stretch and grabbed my coat. I had been wearing my pants from yesterday with a t-shirt I had underneath so I was freezing currently, even with my coat on. Kellin, on the other hand, was cozied in my long sleeve with sweatpants.

"Vic, how are your parents?" Kellin asked as we drove to my house.

"Uh, why?" I asked. I gripped the steering wheel a bit tighter as I pulled onto my street and looked ahead. The topic of my parents was now something sensitive.

"Well, you haven't spoken about them and we've been dating for about four months now. I want to say 'hi,'"

"Kellin, they died a year ago." I pulled into the driveway and looked over to Kellin. He was staring at me with wide eyes and furrowed eyebrows.

"Why didn't you tell me? I'm so sorry. I can't believe that I missed that," He whispered.

I looked at him as he looked down and ashamed. I got out of the car and opened his door, getting him out and pulling him in for a hug. He wrapped his arms around my back and pressed his head into my chest. It was almost as if he was saying sorry. It was a hard thing for both of them to go, of course, but it happened and it's over. When it happened, though, my mind went to Kellin, coincidentally. I had wanted him to ease some of the pain that came soon after. I would settle for now, though.

"Let's go." I pulled away from Kellin and held his hand until we got inside. Kellin and I walked into my room and he immediately rummaged through my drawers and closet. He made a mess for me to clean up later, but the room was disastrous already.

"Your fashion sense still sucks," Kellin commented and I laughed. I don't know what he expected, really. It was bad in high school and nothing changed in college. Of course it was bad as an adult. I went over to where he was and pulled out sweats and a sweatshirt, but Kellin grabbed my sweatshirt and put it on himself quickly.

"Hey!" I pouted. I couldn't be that upset, though, because he looked so cute in it.

"This is mine now. I've been waiting to get some of your clothes,"

"I am never going to be able to wear that sweatshirt again, am I?" I asked, and he shook his head.  I accepted the fact that Kellin had silently claimed it, so I grabbed another and left the room with Kellin catching up to me.

"Where do you want to go for breakfast?" I asked him as we got to the car. He sunk in my, now his, huge sweater and put the hood over himself before he rolled the sleeves.

"Let's go to my parent's. They have been wanting to see you and they always have food now,"

"Gross, you've been talking about me to your parents?" I scoffed jokingly. Kellin rolled his eyes and I gave him a kiss on the cheek before driving off.