thirteen

I checked the mirror one more time to make sure I was presentable. I didn't want to go too casual to Kellin's house because, afterall, I was going there to explain myself and I needed to take it seriously.

I had come to the conclusion that I loved Kellin. I knew that I did way back in high school and I expressed that to him, but the feelings never faded and I was for certain that I was in love with him. He was constantly on my mind and I only thought good things about him. When I wake up without him, I feel cold and lonely and that hurts. But, when I'm with him, a new fire is lit within me and it's one that never burns out. We always laugh and smile and I feel a consistent comfort with him. Kellin is the one for me and I don't want to let him go that easily — not again.

I gathered my things to leave and did so quickly. Along the way, I picked up a small bouquet of flowers that I knew Kellin would like and I hit the road towards his house. I was nervous, very nervous actually. I didn't want to make anything worse and I'm sure that I would find a way to do so. But, if I went in there with a smile and spoke from the heart, I know that it will all be okay. It will all be okay.

I walked up to the door with a small spring in my step and knocked quickly. In no time, Kellin had answered the door with a hint of a smile. He was dressed in casual and relaxed clothing while I wore a button up. I didn't care about the clothing, though, I was just happy to see him. I held the flowers out in front of me and offered them to Kellin. He looked down at them and blushed, taking them and allowing me to step inside.

"Hey," I greeted and Kellin nodded.

"Hey," He started to walk towards the kitchen and I followed. "Let's sit in here,"

"Are you going to stab me?" I joked as I motioned to the knives that were behind him. We were at opposite sides of the island counter as the flowers rested between us on the counter. Kellin laughed and my heart warmed a bit more. Okay, this was good.

"No, no, but what did you want to talk about? We should have a lot." Kellin crossed his arms and leaned against the counter on the other side.

"Right... I just wanted– needed to apologize. I should not have abandoned you the way I did at all. It wasn't fair to you and it was stupid. I'm so sorry, I–"

"Vic, stop," Kellin interrupted. "Let me just say something before you get too far." I nodded and let him continue. "I felt stupid. I knew I hurt you, but I thought we were past it and then you just dropped me so I thought it was pay back or whatever. But, then I realized that I left for the same reason and it wasn't fair of me to get so upset. I guess it just reminded me of college? It wasn't the best experience, no one made me feel wanted and needed,"

"Kellin, I do want you. In every possible way I want you. You're so special to me,"

"Don't just say it, please, Vic. You mean too much to me to lie-" I stopped him.

"I'm not lying!" I came over to the same side of the counter and stepped to Kellin. "Kells, everyday I think of you. When you weren't talking to me I didn't know how to function. I barely ate, my attitude was terrible, and sleep wasn't in my mind; you were. You're my sun and my moon and I couldn't ever intentionally hurt you."

Once my spiel was done, I looked at Kellin with hopeful eyes. I wanted him to see just how important he was to me and I think he understood. Without warning, Kellin's arms were thrown around me and his lips attached to mine. I stepped back to get my footing once again, but in no time my arms were wrapped around his back and I held him closely.

This kiss was all I needed to know that we were okay and that he forgave me. It was all I needed for my heart and love for him to be restored. Kellin's lips fit so perfectly on mine as we moved in time with one another. In the beginning, it was a loving kiss but it soon turned to lust easily.