Now ensuring tomorrow night ends positively is all up to Aiyappa. Please don't ruin this joyous occasion for Angel, or for my friends. 

*****

"The second you begin feeling uncomfortable, or think her presence is becoming overbearing, do tell me, Angel. And I can assure you we'll be out of here in a matter of seconds." I say, as Angel and I step into Eva's garden, where the party is being held.

"Manik, I'll be fine." She squeezes my arm comfortingly. "Let's not focus on Alya tonight, and do what we're here to do; have fun." I smile, Angel's voice ringing with surety. I can tell she has thought of tonight quite a few times and eventually come to the conclusion that Alya won't ruin tonight for any of us.

"Here comes the couple of the night!" Eva announces on the mic, as soon as her eyes land on us. She's holding a flute of champagne in one hand and the mic in the other. My friend is standing in the centre of the stage, with Aahan desperately trying to get her off this platform, and away from the limelight. Poor guy, handling a drunken lady isn't the easiest feat on this planet. Thank the Lords, I don't have to deal with this one issue. As it is, there are a hundred more in my basket. 

"I said it," Eva's voice rings across the partly crowded lawn. "Aahan and I aren't the main couple of the night. It's Manik and Nandini because...what can I say? Just look at them. They radiate waves of love." All eyes are now on us. Angel has decided to analyse the grass underneath our feet, while all I can do is mentally face-palm at my friend's stupidity. Eva's going to regret this greatly tomorrow.

"So you guys came, huh?" Cabir says, nearing us with a glass of whiskey in hand. "I almost thought you were angry at all your friends." I offer my friend a warm smile. 

"Won't you share your drink with me?" I ask, nodding towards the glass in his hand. Cabir stares at me for a few seconds, before extending the glass in my direction. Grinning, I take it from his hand, and down a sip. Cabir and I are those friends who never apologise to each other. Instead, our apology comes in the form of offering, or asking something from the other. If he hands it over then it means all is forgiven and forgotten. If not...then a bit of tackling helps to bring our heightened male egos back to earth.

"I can't believe Eva's already drunk." I say, pointing towards our friend, who is now singing a song from the eighties.

"She's been drinking all afternoon. According to Miss Eva, if it's her birthday, then she is allowed to drink without shame, or rules." Cabir says, grinning at our friend's stupidity. "Don't worry, I've already recorded ninety percent of her embarrassing moments so that we can blackmail her with them later." 

"Ma'am, would you like a drink?" A waiter asks, coming over to Angel's side with a tray covered with different kinds of alcoholic drinks. Cabir looks at me, eyebrow cocked. Unable to control ourselves, the two of us burst out laughing. 

"You're asking the wrong lady, Pal." Cabir says, patting the waiter on the back. "I suggest you don't waste your time here and keep moving."

"But before you go," I say, picking up a glass of whiskey. "Thank you." Nodding his head, the waiter continues on his way to another group of people.

"How are you guys so sure that I won't drink?" Angel questions, furrowing her brows.

"Because you're Nandini," Cabir states matter-of-factly. "Pigs will much sooner fly than you drinking." Angel pouts. Lord, I can hear the gears turning in this woman's head, and no way in hell is that a good sign.

"A-And that's perfectly alright," I add hastily. "Some people don't drink sodas, and you don't drink booze. Nothing wrong with that." The thoughtful expression doesn't leave Angel's face. "D-Do you, maybe, want a Coke? I can arrange for a Coke." 

"No," her voice rings firmly in my ears. "I want to try alcohol." The stubbornness in Angel's tone tells me that arguing with her on this matter will be an utter waste of time, which will simply add another loss to my already long list. "Can I have that, Manik?" She points towards the glass in my hand. 

"Um...I don't think you should..." I trail off as my wife takes the drink from my hand. "Sure," I murmur. She stares at the liquid unsurely. "Angel, you don't need to drink just because my friends and I do it. Liver failure is all that you'll get as a reward for consuming alcohol." 

"No, I want to try everything once before I die, and this will simply be another thing to check off my bucket list." Angel argues adamantly, bringing the glass towards her lips. 

"If you really want to try alcohol, then we can begin with something lighter than whiskey." I offer, tugging Angel towards the bar. But before we can take a step in that direction, my idiotic wife has already downed the contents of the glass.

"Dang, girl," Cabir says, whistling in amazement. "You've been born to chug." I glare at my friend. Understanding the message that's clearly evident in my gaze, Cabir presses his index finger against his lips, shutting up. 

"How do you feel?" I ask Angel unsurely, as she hands the glass back to me. "Did you eat lunch? Or something before coming here? Because drinking - and that too for the first time - on an empty stomach isn't the best idea." 

"I feel just fine, Manik." Angel says, making a face. "Although that wasn't pleasant at all. How in the world do all of you manage to swallow that crap?" 

"For a first time drinker, whiskey is a horrible choice." Cabir says, nodding towards the bar. "Come, I'll get you a proper beginner's drink. Let me show you how to choose your alcohol." 

"I don't think I want another after having that." Angel says, accusingly staring at the glass in my hand. 

"Yes," I exclaim. "She doesn't need another, Cabir." Although I take his name as a warning, I can tell that my words are falling on deaf ears. 

"One more drink, Nandini." Cabir says, backtracking towards the bar. "Since I'm your friend, trust me and come. Think of it as a white flag after the tiff we had in the hospital." Shrugging nonchalantly, Angel unwinds her arm from around mine and follows my friend. 

"Cabir!" I call out. "Angel!" Neither of them turn around to acknowledge my calls. Fuckers, I swear. Lord, I spoke too soon. Please don't let Angel get drunk. She's tough enough to handle while she's sober, so I cannot imagine - not even in my wildest dreams - what my wife will turn into once booze is pumping through her blood. In fact, I've dealt with high Angel once before, but that was all a show. I have no intention, whatsoever, of witnessing the real deal. But a horrid gut instinct tells me that I will be viewing drunk Angel very soon. 

A/N: Thank you for sharing your preferences with me in the last chapter. Now I wish to ask ya'll another question: If I decide to conclude this series with a tragic ending, will ya'll raise your pitchforks and charge at me with the intention to kill? Just asking :D Take care and stay safe xx