Chapter 38: Alex & Andrew PT2

Start from the beginning

They were right, Alex thought. Andrew is way better than me. Alex started exercising more and more, and Brandon and Ethan started getting suspicious of their little brother working out with them. They always worked out together, but it seemed like Alex was working way harder-twice as hard as his older brothers.

That made Alex lose weight even faster.

After Andrew tried killing himself, Alex tried to comfort him as best as he could.

"Alex," Andrew said, "if you're going through something, tell me. I don't want you to go through the same pain I did."

But I'm going through it right now, Alex thought.

"Of course," Alex mumbled, sitting down on his bed which was across form Andrew's.

"We're in freshman now, and honestly I'm terrified. I already missed so many classes because of this," Andrew said.

Alex tried for a smile. "Shut up! You're smart. Missing few days won't do anything."

Andrew sighed, laying down. "I guess."

Alex turned off the lights. "Can I tell you something?"

"Yeah?"

"What if I told you that... nevermind. Goodnight."

"Night."

Alex didn't tell anyone. He didn't want to be burdensome. But, Ethan found out. Alex was sort of annoyed that Ethan was the one to find out everything. Seriously, was he a detective or something?

Ethan found food thrown away in the trash can. At first, he didn't think much of it. But, as time went on, he kept seeing food in the trash. Then, he realized that it was Alex.

Ethan felt stupid for not realizing earlier. Alex looked more skinnier-more bonier. There was barely any fat on him. He started getting cold more easily, and he became weak. One day, Alex passed out from the lack of food and exhaustion.

He woke up at the hospital room. He overheard doctors speaking, while he slowly opened his eyes.

"We think that something's going on with him. He's underweight." Dr. Brown sighed.

There was that word. For some reason, it made Alex happy. He was finally skinny. He was good enough.

"He's waking up," Dr. Brown mumbled.

"And you say I'm an idiot! Alex! Why didn't you tell me?" Andrew cried, running up to him.

Alex's lips curled into a small smile. "This feels familiar."

"When's the last time you ate?" Ethan demanded.

"Don't remember. Last week?"

Alex didn't know why he was telling. It just came out. Mom started crying again. Alex and Andrew both felt burdensome because they were messed up. Dealing with mental illnesses...

From then, Ethan watched Alex as he ate. He made sure he ate the whole thing, and made sure he didn't exercise too much. Brandon was also the same. He would threaten to beat him up if he didn't finish his food. Obviously, that was Brandon's way, and Alex didn't think much of it.

Alex started becoming better. Sure, there were days where he'd start starving again, but after that, it didn't happen again.

Everytime he looked in a mirror, he didn't hate himself.

I like myself, he thought.

---

Three years later, they became better. They were happy now. They were always there for each other whenever something happened. Andrew and Alex promised each other that they would tell the other of something was going on.

No more depression. Anorexia.

Just happiness, that finally came at last.

Andrew knew how Evanna was feeling. He understood. It wasn't pity. Besides, he started becoming nicer before he even knew that it was happening.

Andrew told Alex.

They both told Ethan.

They told the whole family.

Rose was concerned and promised to help out as much as she can. Their dad did too. But, they were always leaving, so it didn't do much.

Half of the family was split up.

***
Thank you for reading! Short chapter, I'm sorry~

I hope you enjoyed this chapter:)

Q: Do you think Andrew's apology is from pity? Empathy?

Vote
Comment
Share
:)