Chapter 2

Lance's POV
With my heart fluttering I walk to the control room where we debrief after a mission.

I know that I was going to be in so much trouble but it didn't matter because all of my focus was on the Galra Prince and his attractiveness.

The door automatically opened and I walk in, the others are all looking at me with glares. My flustered expression turns to one of guilt, knowing that I came in late. Really late.

"1 hour, you are 1 hour late. How?!" Allura spoke as she marched over to me in anger. I don't make any moves just in case I make her angrier.

"W-well I-" "I don't even want to hear another pathetic excuse! Not good enough, Lance." She cut me off before I could explain and then proceeded to walk out, shoving me hard as she did.

'I'm so pathetic'

The others mutter disappointments and walk past me as well, Keith stopped before he expected the room. "You always screw up the missions, it's not always about you."
With that he disappears.

'How could I be so stupid, I have to be better'

If I'm going to be better the best place to start is the training room. Exiting the control room I make my way to the training room. Maybe if I train hard enough I could go toe to toe with Prince Lotor again.

— Time Skip —

I spent all night in the training room forgetting the world around me. This is how Keith must feel when he trains, it's kinda nice.

My body is littered with bruises from the bots I set at a level way too hard for me. I have a few scratches as well and to top it all off, I haven't slept a wink. For some reason I can't get Lotor out of my mind, his voice sings praises in my ears.

Alarms start to blare throughout the training room. Man we really don't get a break do we.
I start running to my lion, I have to get there as soon a possible if I don't want to get into trouble.

"Lance we are waiting!" To late, Shiro is already angry with me and it has only been 1 minuet. I didn't even get a chance to get to Blue. God I'm so slow.

"Hurry the FUCK up Lance!!" Keith yells through the communication system. I speed up my pace and can feel my vision burr, maybe training non stop all night wasn't a good idea.

When I reach Blue she already has her mouth open, she's been waiting for me. I dash inside and take off into space where the battle has begun.

— Time Skip —
In the middle of the battle Allura had ordered me to go into the main ship and blow it up from the inside.

It's a really good idea but there is one slight problem. I am about to collapse. All of the training left my body battered and the pain is starting to catch up with me.

Every movement hurts and carrying my gun is a struggle. "I'm in....w-where do you...want me to put t-the bomb?" I sluggishly ask into the comms hoping someone will actually answer.

"Go to their control room, put it there and get out." With that said I heard a beep and knew that she had shut off her communication to me. I really made her mad yesterday.

I do as she says and I make my way to the control room with the very heavy bomb. The hallways are dark and deserted, I am very confused as to why I have not encountered any soldiers.

Upon entering the main room there is no one in there. No guards, no soldiers, no drones; nothing.

A chill spreads through my pained body and nervousness fills me. "Get in...p-place the bomb and get out...you can do t-this Lance."

I coach myself as I plant the bomb on the control panel. With it done I start running out of there as fast as I can, however exhaustion has other plans for me.

I make it halfway back to Blue when black dots start to fill my vision. My steps become sloppy and heavy, the bruises and lack of sleep are now consuming my movements.

My eyes catch the door just up ahead but my body won't make it there. My legs shake at the collapsing weight of my figure.

The black dots completely fill my vision and the sounds around me fade but not before I hear the sweet voice of an angel.

"...Kitten?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry if this chapter doesn't exactly make sense. I had a little block when writing it.

Have a great day or night 😊