18~A-hole Thinks I'm Jealous

Start from the beginning

Taehyung exhaled and leaned back on the driver's seat, driving with only one hand and the other propping his head against the windowsill of the car. The day that Y/N had showed up, he'd gotten into a fight with Suyo and had intentionally used a metal fork to get toast he'd burned to try and distract himself from his internal storm. He could still clearly picture Y/N standing before him with huge, incredulous eyes at his stupidity for doing such a thing when they first met.

He didn't believe in self-harm or drugs to douse the pain, but rather, put himself in more risky situations to try and clear his mind. It wasn't too much better, though.

"It's about the entirety of your relationship. It's so flipping screwed up."

The small grin faded from his mouth as Y/N's words echoed in his head. In a way, she was right it seemed. Taehyung couldn't even count with his fingers the number of times Suyo and him had gotten into arguments.

Sure, he and Y/N always got into arguments. But those arguments he enjoyed. It was so cute to see her face scrunch up in disgust or annoyance as he prodded her.

Taehyung parked in front of the French restaurant but took a moment before actually exiting the car. He could even see Suyo standing in front of the restaurant from his view, but she hadn't noticed him yet.

She was wearing a sequin red dress that hugged her body tightly and shimmered at every tiny movement she made.

Taehyung couldn't help but imagine Y/N in such an outfit. In all honesty, it made his heart pound faster, his blood rush a little, and, yes, it kind of turned him on just putting that image in his head.

He closed his eyes as he brought up the memory of him and Y/N kissing. Something had just come over him that day when he looked up, an emotional wreck, and there was Y/N, holding him as best she could in the awkward positions they'd been sitting in, eyes round and clouded with genuine care and worry.

Several times he wanted to tell Y/N his true emotions when he'd kissed her. He'd watch her sitting on the couch watching TV, or standing in the kitchen for a glass of water, and almost was ready to stalk up to her and tell her how he felt. But what did he feel exactly?

Taehyung opened his eyes and glanced down at his phone, scrolling through his messages between him and Suyo's.

Suyo:

Tae, I'm sorry about what I said the other day. Please forgive me?

Read at 2:13 PM

Suyo:

Are you still mad at me?

Read at 2:25 PM

Suyo:

Can we please talk?

Taehyung:

What? You already said you're sorry.

Suyo:

But you left me on read. Come on; let's go out tonight? Let's talk. Really talk.

"Real talk," Taehyung murmured. Could he and Suyo really do that?

He jumped a little as someone knocked rather viciously on his window right beside him.

It was Suyo.

He forced himself to calm his pounding heart from the fright she gave him.

"Come on, Taehyung. Our reservation was at 6. It's 6:01 right now!" Suyo whined, her voice slightly muffled through the glass.

"Well, here we go." Taehyung exhaled. He shoved his phone in his pocket and stepped out.

"Oh thank God you decided to come," Suyo instantly draped her arms around Taehyung's arm. "Now let's go eat dinner!"

No sign of wanting for the 'real talk.'

Taehyung plastered a small smile on his face as he let Suyo drag him away towards the restaurant. His mind kept darting back to Y/N. She was probably eating by herself on the couch with some TV dinner he'd bought earlier that week for the two of them. Probably fuming due to his small prank on her.

"Tae, are you even listening to me?" Suyo clapped her hands in front of his face, snapping him back. "I said let's sit and talk, yeah?"

"What do you want to talk about?" Taehyung asked cautiously.

"Well, there's this new job offer I have," Suyo gushed. "I want to talk to you about it. It's truly amazing. Isn't that why we came here together? To try and talk and mend ourselves together?"

Taehyung only offered her another unreadable smile.

Did she really think that talking about their professions and promotions was what it'd take to mend their relationship?

Why did he suddenly have the urge to leave Suyo right at the moment to head back to he penthouse?

Y/N a small taunting voice echoed in his head.

Taehyung batted it away. He'd agreed to this 'date' and he'd uphold his agreement until the end.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚: