XXXI. NOGITSUNE

Comincia dall'inizio

Harper's breath hitched in her throat when she saw who was stood down the hall, their back turned to them. She knew that haircut and those dark flannels from anywhere. It was Stiles. As he turned around, his eyes meeting hers, she took a step forward- only to get tugged back by her best friend.

"Harper," Scott warned.

All of the excitement of Stiles being there had clouded over Harper's senses and made her forget what was inside him. The Nogitsune.

"Okay," he lifted his hands up in defense, "I know what you guys are thinking, but it's me. I swear to god, it's me. Harper, Scott... it's me."

Loud growls echoed from behind Harper, her eyes widening as she turned to find Ethan and Aiden in werewolf mode, blue eyes glittering and fangs and claws extended. She grabbed one of their jumpers.

"Stop!" She exclaimed, but the twin quickly ripped away from her tight grip as they both ran at Stiles.

Aiden pinned the teenage boy up against the wall, his hand wrapped around Stiles' neck as he choked. Scott quickly jumped into action, yelling at the twins to stop as he grabbed Ethan by his back and threw him across the room. He hit against some old lockers and fell to the concrete ground, grunting. Aiden growled at Scott, however, the Alpha glowed his red eyes and growled back louder, immediately overpowering him.

A heavy silence filled the basement, Harper's eyes moving to Stiles who was staring between her and Scott frantically.

"It's me," he pleaded, "guys I swear, it's me. I don't know where I've been the last few days, or what I've been doing, but this is me. I promise."

Scott glanced over at Harper as if to ask if she was believing what was leaving the lips of Stiles' body. The brunette showed no sign of what she thought, just blinking at Scott blankly.

Something inside Harper didn't feel right when she looked at her boyfriend, what was for sure. Scott looked away, but Harper couldn't stop staring at Stiles, even when he wasn't looking at her.

"You remember what happened at the hospital?" Ethan panted as he climbed up off of the floor.

"I know more than that," Stiles began, walking over to a bag in the corner of the room and pulling some paper out of it, "you see this? It's a blueprint of the hospital's electrical wiring. You see all these markings in red? That's my handwriting. I know I did this. I caused the accident."

Nobody said anything, so Stiles continued pulling this out. Harper folded her arms across her chest, growing more suspicious as she grew colder towards him.

"Everything in this bag, it's all stuff that could be a part of something bigger," Stiles explained.

Aiden picked up a knife, "What the hell have you been up to?"

The Stilinski boy swallowed, "I think something worse. A lot worse."

Maybe Stiles was Stiles. After all, why would the Nogitsune help them ruin one of his plans? It made no sense. Harper tried to brush away the feeling of concern in the pit of her stomach.

"The hell were you doing? Building a terminator?" Aiden scoffed as he picked out some tape and rope.

"Thank you for that," Stiles retorted sarcastically