'Why were they crying?' Most probably is what's going on in Jungkook's head.

~~~~~~~~~

"I knew I shouldn't have let you delay the therapy for a week." She said worried.

"Umma what is it?"

"It was a side effect. We have to make that tumor shrink as soon as possible before it affects your other organs." she sighed.

"Can you.. Take another therapy for today? And stay for the night. I need to monitor you."

"I'm getting confined?!" I shrieked as Jungkook placed his hands on my shoulder.

"But-"

"Just do it Jagi. It's for your own good." Jungkook said sternly as Jiyoon umma was already on her way out, about to process in my confinement papers.

"But-"

"Please." He begged and now we were both alone in Jiyoon umma's clinic.

"Arrasso.. Go home. They need you for practice.." I said remembering what I promised RM.

"No. You need me. I'm not going." He said and tears threatened to fall from my eyes.

"Thank-you.." I managed to whisper as I had my head down, crying silently. He knelt down and lifted my chin.

"Stay strong for me jagi. Don't cry.. Hajima.." He said cupping my cheeks and wiping the tears with his thumb.

I sobbed into his shirt and he enclosed me in his arms. He stroked my hair and he cooed me.

"Alright. I'll just- oh. Mian.." Jiyoon umma said as she entered her clinic and saw us in our position. I looked up startled and Jungkook stood up quickly but she just smiled at us. "I'll go back and call you once the therapeutic instruments are ready okay? You can stay here first.." She said with a soft smile. We nodded and she closed the door leaving us alone again.

I looked up and Jungkook and he did the same. We both stifled a laugh as we tensed up as if we got caught doing inappropriate things when we weren't. He grabbed a chair and placed it infront of me then he took my hands and played with it.

"Jagi.. Can I ask?" He asked not looking at me.

"What is it?" I said and he slowly looked up to meet his eyes with mine.

"Awhile ago.. Why did you cry and what did your Jiyoon umma mean when she said she shouldn't bring up the past?" He said softly and slowly, more likely hesitating. I blinked a few times trying to put my thoughts into words..

"If you don't want to talk about it, I under-"

"No. It's fine.. Just.. Give me a minute." I said coughing, trying to gain my voice as I blink a few times. I sighed and told him.

~Flashback~

I got home from school and was greeted by a silent home. I was excited to tell my mom that I've been chosen as the school's representative to compete in the national quiz bee and dance competition alongside with Jongin, but was kind of disappointed as the silence engulfed me.

"Umma?" I called out. A second later, umma went out of their room and walked to me with a smile. I ran to her with a fat smile as I was about to tell her the good news when I noticed her eyes, red and puffy as her lips were abit pale.

I got chills and a bad gut feeling.

"Umma are you okay? Are you sick? Were you crying?" I now bombarded her with questions as I cupped her cheeks.