Part 55

Christine's POV

Manager nim has already called Miji unnie and said that he'll be here in half an hour. The guys scurried to get ready and so did we.

While Miji unnie took a bath, I waited inside the guest room and fiddled with my phone when a sudden text message popped up my screen.

Darling, how are you feeling?

Oh. It's Jiyoon umma! I replied

"I'm good umma. You?"

I'm so sorry, umma is so stupid..

"What are you talking about umma?"

Dear, I've misinterpreted the data we got from your examinations.. Your brain tumor.. It isn't the first stage. It's already the second...

I froze. W..what?

My condition's worse?

"Am I too late already?"

Its a good thing this is just typing. My message didn't show how my fingers shook as I typed.

No dear.. It's still curable. But we have to act on it.

"Asap?"

Yes. But.. Alright. I guess one week wouldn't hurt. But after that, no more skipping of therapies. You got that?

"Ne, umma."

Good. Tell me if you feel something wrong. Update me, alright?

"Ne. Kamsahamnida umma.."

"Honey it's your turn!" Miji unnie cheered from behind me in her towel.

"I don't know what to wear.." I muttered.

"I'll take care of it, go take a bath now!" She said pushing me towards the bathroom.

I took off my clothes as soon as unnie gave me a towel to use. I stepped in the shower and let the water drown me, covering the tears that was unconsciously slipping.

Stage 2..
Stage 2..
Stage 2..

I have stage 2 cancer.

Shake it off. Not now.. Not today.. Not this week. You'll be okay.. You'll be okay..

~~~~~~

I got out of the shower and gaped at what I was about to wear.

"Unnie, do I have to?" I pouted. She nodded her head and smiled as she continued to apply her make up.

I bent over to my duffel bag to check if there are other options I could wear but my eyes grew wide as I saw what's in it. Dresses and skirts.

"Uunnniiieeeeeeee" I whined seeing the clothes.

"What? Keke. Be thankful I brought your vans and chucks. I should have brought some heels or sandals..."

I sighed as there was nothing I could do. I wore my black skater skirt and tucked in my sleeveless white polo then topped it with my red cardigan and wore my plain red vans then I placed little amount of baby powder on my face.

"Lose the cardigan." Miji unnie said

"No." I argued and she chuckled.

"You're not like the other girls who'd do everything just to show skin. That's good." She said ruffling my wet hair.

"You girls ready? Manager hyung is here already." Oppa asked from the outside.

"Ne!" We both shouted and I got my mini sling bag and placed my phone, wallet, Jungkook's hanky and inhaler with my earphones plugged in my ears.