TEN

The sun had just set in the horizon when Seokjin entered the dining room where Jimin, Yoongi and Taehyung were eating dinner all together.

He sat down next to Yoongi, who continued eating without acknowledging Seokjin's arrival. Jimin, too, seemed too far gone to notice that someone else had entered the room, and only Taehyung was left to greet Seokjin, with a small smile that didn't make the boy feel any more welcome.

Yoongi was eating noodles, and Seokjin stared at him a second too long before he turned back to Taehyung.

"The police officer came by while you were in your room. He said there's nothing new," Taehyung informed him as he chewed on his noodles some more, barely taking the time to swallow before grabbing another bite.

Seokjin rolled his eyes.

"Of course there's nothing new. He's looking into us when he should be looking into who else could come into the apartment. He'll never find the murderer if he keeps looking in the wrong place." 

He reached out to grab a bowl of noodles, and in the corner of his eye he saw Yoongi nod. 

"Mmh. You would think the police specialized in violent crimes would be able to find a murderer in no time," he grumbled while staring down at his noodles. 

"He seems pretty convinced that it's one of us, though," Taehyung chimed in, tone strangely joyous for the circumstances. 

Yoongi's head snapped up to look at him, and he blinked twice. Seokjin noticed his eyes were more alert than before, and deep down he wished Yoongi was looking at him. He wished Yoongi would always look at him, and that he could look at Yoongi always.

"Well he obviously doesn't know us. Everyone loved Hobi, so I don't know why he keeps thinking it's one of us," Yoongi muttered back, eyes shifting to look at Jimin as he spoke.

Taehyung took another slurp of noodles, dropping one on his lap as he did so. He went to pick it up and ate it with his hands.

"Namjoon didn't love him very much, from what I've heard," he casually said as he whipped his dirty hands on his shirt.

Yoongi narrowed his eyes.

"Namjoon is a fucking asshole and he didn't deserve to be friends with Hoseok. He punched Hobi and deserve whatever's coming for him," he dryly said.

Taehyung's mouth fell open. 

"Hyung, don't say stuff like that... Namjoon said he was sorry -"

"Well Namjoon can suck my a-"

"Stop it," Jimin pleaded, cutting off Yoongi with his weak voice. "Stop it, please. Hobi wouldn't want us to fight... If he were here he'd say that fighting is useless when -"

" - when we'll all be friends tomorrow anyway," Yoongi rudely cut him off, rolling his eyes as he did so, finishing the sentence they had heard a billion times from Hoseok. "Whatever. Hobi isn't here, and you know why he's not here? Because he's fucking dead, because someone fucking killed him, because you are all too preoccupied by your own little person to see that the only thing that mattered here, the only thing that kept us all together, is gone. But you all don't care about that, like you never cared about Hobi!"

Taehyung's eyes slightly widened at the outburst and he put down his chopsticks.

"Hyung, what the fudge? Why would you say that? Why do you always go off at everything we say? It's because of you that it's so awful being stuck here. You always get angry and blame us for no reason!"