Chapter 2: You're Doing Great

Start from the beginning

"So that's the same like you don't want to marry anyone," told Minhyun while eating his fruit.

"Yah! It still possible for me to marry him. Who knows we might have the fate to be together, right? I believe I can give you cute nephew or niece if I marry him. So... thank you for the food!" Hyunji then get up before walked to her room.

"Eomma, I think she's not having enough milk when she's a baby. Her brain cells are not connecting with each other," Minhyun gave his opinion.

Hyunji closed the door after switched on the lamp. She sat in front of the mirror and took her wet tissues to remove her makeup. She's staring herself through the mirror.

She still remember how diligently she sat in front of the mirror for weeks with video makeup tutorial beside her. She learned all those makeup steps for this day as she knew she's going to meet that guy. She still remember how hard she walked around all places to get the best dress for her to wear today. She wanted to impress that guy. She still remember how flutter her heart was when Jaehyun complimenting her look and she felt that all her hard work on his look succeed.

But... she never knew everything will turned upside down like this.

Hyunji let out disbelief laugh suddenly.

"Wahh... Seo Hyunji. You can even laugh. You're not crying at all. I never know you're this kind of strong girl," whispered Hyunji.

She smiled weakly to herself, "You're doing great, Hyunji-yah. You're doing great for these 17 years and now is the time you need to wake up from your fairytale."

**************************

"YOU'RE going somewhere, Mark-yah?" asked Jaebum that just returned home with Jinyoung.

Mark that was wearing his socks nodded, "I'm going to meet Suhyun."

"What with that teddy bear?" asked Jinyoung while pointing at the teddy bear beside Mark.

"A gift. Girls like gift, right? You shouldn't meet your girl empty-handed after not meeting her for a while. This is a good tip, Jinyoung-ah." Mark winked.

Jinyoung smirked, "Sadly I can't use your good tip as I don't have 'my girl' yet."

Mark smiled before get the teddy bear and walked towards the front door, "See you guys later!"

Mark put the teddy bear at the co-pilot seat and put seat belt on it.

"I will give you to her after I tell her that I will exposed her to public as my official girlfriend," said Mark while stroked the teddy bear.

Yes. He will tell Suhyun that he will reveal her as his girlfriend to public. It's been three years since he's dating Suhyun and he can't reveal it when he still in a dating ban period and even after his dating ban period over, he can't immediately admit to public to avoid controversy. But now he feels that he has no reason anymore to hide his relationship. He's a man. He will responsible for all the upcoming possibilities.

*******************************

"SEO Hyunji?"

Hyunji that focus on choosing her skincare products turned her head.

"You're Seo Hyunji, right?" asked that girl again. There's another girl beside her that also looking at her in curiosity.

"Jang Twins, right? Nana and Mina?" guessed Hyunji.

That two girl nodded before they're hugging each other, "Yah! What a coincidence to meet you here! It's been a while since we met each other."

Hyunji nodded, "How long have it been? 10 years? 12 years?"

"It's been 12 years since we last met in elementary school!" told Mina while her twin nodded.

"That long already? Wahh... I never realize that we're getting older," Hyunji also shocked with that fact.

"Do you have free time? Let's drink together. We can share a lot of stories!" suggested Nana.

Hyunji smiled, "Call!"

*****************************

"ARE you serious?!" the twins shouted in sync.

Hyunji nodded while grilling the meat calmly, "That girl actually in the same batch with us. They're studying at the same university after."

"So... you saw Jaehyun proposed that girl in front of everyone?" asked Nana.

"Of course. I'm standing right in front of them!"

"Are you okay with that?" asked Mina.

Hyunji looked at them, "Why?"

"No, it just... you like him before, right?" Mina feel worried as she asking that.

Hyunji flinched but then she covered it with smiling brightly, "What are you talking about? That only a childish crush. Only because he's the only boy I close with so that's why I got crush on him. I feel nothing now. I just see him as... friend? Yeah. Just normal friend. Nothing special anyway."

Nana let out relieved breathe, "Thank God... I afraid you might crying all day. You really like him a lot when we're in elementary school! You protected him if any bad boy disturbed him. You're willingly did his homework and you even get punished when you lend your textbook to him as you admit you're the one that not brought one."

Mina nodded, "I also remember that you willing to be hungry as you gave your lunchbox to him when he forgot to bring his own lunchbox. I really think Jaehyun must be lucky to have you beside him as his guardian angel."

Hyunji clenched her fist under the table before smiled widely, "Yah... you both make me shy. I'm practically raising him. I really proud to see him grow up that perfectly because of me. I feel like a proud mom."

They were all laughing with Hyunji's joke. They continue talking with each other about their memories during in their elementary school. Hyunji was holding herself whenever Jaehyun's name get into their conversation. She can't denied that whenever Jaehyun's name being brought out, her heart hurt like crazy...