t h i r t y.

Your body felt numb as you couldn't find the will to get up and run, rather, you watched the horrible sight of Mark slowly losing consciousness as an invisible force choked him. His chocolate eyes bore into yours, seemingly asking for help or screaming for you to run. You watched in silence as Mark's head finally hung low as he had lost the fight. A strange, eerie red and blue light began to softly shine around his body. Mark shook violently for a few moments before his head snapped up and dark eyes met yours.

"Sorry about that, dear, but Mark had other things to tend to."

You sat in shock and, somewhat, awe as your eyes scanned his face for any trace of Mark. Dark's lips curled into a wicked smile as he watched you.

"Well, let's not linger on that. You must be starving; shall we eat?"

Almost immediately a wave of hunger fell over you and your stomach growled. Dark chuckled as he stood up from the couch and headed into the kitchen. You remained on the couch, awkwardly.

"You should wash up for dinner, Princess. Maybe put on a new outfit?"

You looked down at your clothes and realized you hadn't changed in a while. You opened your mouth to ask him what to wear, but you were interrupted.

"Just go into the bedroom and find something."

You obeyed his words and made your way to the bedroom and sifted through the closet until you found a cute light blue sweater. You put it on and couldn't help but notice that it fit you nicely. You took a deep breath in and smelled a kind of perfume that you had never worn before. Your thoughts begin to race as you tried to figure out what it meant.

"Just find some pants to wear and get out of here. Don't think about it," you told yourself as you found a pair of leggings and slipped into them.

Entering the dining area, delicious smells filled your senses and caused your stomach to rumble violently. You happily took a seat at the table and watched with hunger as Dark brought the food to the table. He smiled at you before quickly picking you up and pulling you into him. In one smooth, quick motion, he dropped down and clamped something around your ankle, then stood back up. You were taken aback at the sudden movement and all of your thoughts were in disarray.

"Wh-"

"Remember earlier when I said I would need something from you? Well, darling, here it is," he began as his eyes grew and became darker. "See, this device will tighten around your ankle if I tell it to do so. If you do something wrong, you will be punished with it, understand?"

You shook your head 'yes', still in shock.

"Good. Now, let's eat shall we?" He said as he took his seat across from you.

You looked down at your food, losing your appetite completely. Dark began to eat as he watched your timid posture.

"What's wrong, Princess?"

"I'm just not that hungry."

Almost instantly your stomach growled, contradicting your excuse. A low growl came from across the table and you felt the device around your ankle tighten.

"DON'T lie to me."

"Yes, sir," you replied, your voice shaking.

"Now, eat. You're starving."

You hesitantly picked up your fork and took a bite of the food before you.

"So what's really on your mind?"

"I-I just," you paused as you glanced down at your anklet, "I was just thinking about this sweater. It's cute and I like how it fits." You lifted your eyes until they locked with his. You watched as his eyes searched yours before he eventually leaned back in his chair in a relaxed position. His lips curled up into a smile as he looked at you. After a few awkward moments, you softly smiled back. Suddenly, pain shot up from your ankle as the anklet clamped around your ankle firmly, almost cutting circulation off. You yelped in shock and pain as Dark laughed.

"Don't. Fucking. Lie. To. Me. Remember, I'm in here," he said as he tapped his temple. He arose from his chair and his intimidating stance made you shiver. He politely pushed his chair back in and calmly walked to your side. He aggressively grabbed your shoulders, making you jump from surprise. "Now, tell me what's really wrong."

You swallowed your fear and cleared your throat. "When I went to pick out this outfit, I noticed it smelled different. Like another girl. But it fit me perfectly."

"There we go! Now, was that so hard? So what if it does smell like someone else. Does that bother you?"

Envy and jealousy burned within you for a reason you couldn't discover.

"You don't have to answer that. I think we both know the answer," he said with a chuckle.

"Was there someone else before me?" You blurted out before you could control yourself.

"What a bold question. Really gets right to the point, dear. To answer your question, yes, there was. Actually, there were seven. But, they aren't relevant now."

Your eyes were wide with shock as everything within you screamed at you to run.

"Are you upset? Jealous, even? Well, if so, don't be. They didn't matter, and they don't matter now. They were not the match I needed, but, you are."

"You are SICK!" You screamed as your mentality felt fragile.

"What did you just say?!" He replied angrily, his grip on your shoulders strengthening as the anklet clamped firmer, threatening to cut into your flesh.

"You ARE INSANE. You are SICK. GET AWAY FROM ME!"

"Where do you find the audacity to speak that way? I will make you deeply regret your words."

[Sorry it took FOREVER to get this out. Life's been busy lol. Let me know what you think about this chapter? Thanks for sticking with it♥️]