s e v e n.

The sound of birds chirping and the sunlight streaming in through the window woke you up. You slowly opened your eyes, yawning as you looked over at the clock on your bedside table. 8:00. You felt as if you were late for something, and then it hit you. You were late for your first college class of the day. Shit! You missed the bus as well, so you decided to just stay home today. You rolled on to your back, sighing as you looked up at the ceiling. Suddenly, flashes of Dark hit your mind. You thought about all the time you had spent with him. Was it even real? Did it actually happen? You reached for your phone, unplugging it from the charger. No missed calls or texts. Maybe you weren't gone at all. What if it was all a dream? You held your arm that Dark had injured up to your eyes. You rubbed your thumb over the skin where a scar should be, but you remembered that Dark had healed you. There would be no real way of knowing any of this happened...unless. You tossed your blanket off of your body and swung your legs over the side of your bed. You stood up and tried to walk. Everything seemed...fine. You were shocked as you walked into the bathroom. Your hair was a mess and the discoloration under your eyes made you think it was all a dream. You did your morning routine and changed out of your pajamas. You decided you should get out of the house. You grabbed your keys, phone, and wallet before walking out of the house.

You finally made it to the grocery market a few blocks away. You sighed as you sat down on the sidewalk outside of the store. You pulled your knees up to your chest and rested your forehead on them. You closed your eyes, taking another deep breath as you relived the past few days. You remembered Dark taking you from your room. You remembered him hurting you, but then healing you. Most of all, you remembered last night when you danced with Dark. So many feelings swirled around you. You jumped up and decided to finally go into the store, hoping it would help clear your thoughts.

You entered the store and grabbed a shopping buggy and walked down a random aisle. You had no intention of buying anything, so your cart stayed empty as you pushed it all around the store. You could not stop thinking about Dark. Your heart ached to see him again. Suddenly, your buggy ran into something...or someone. You looked up to see you had ran into a man's buggy. You opened your mouth to speak, but the man was quicker than you.

"What the-oh, I'm sorry miss. My buggy must've been in your way."

"No, I'm sorry. I should've paid attention to where I was going. I'm terribly sorry." You looked up and saw that he had brown eyes like Mark. He wore a gray beanie over his brown curls that poked out from underneath it. He smiled at you and you smiled back.

"Is everything alright? You seemed a little lost in thought."

You hesitated. "Um, yeah. I'm okay. I just have a lot to think about I guess."

His eyebrows pulled together in confusion until his face finally lit up.

"I know you! You're (Y/N). I have Calculus with you."

You instantly recognized him. "Oh yeah! You're Tyler, right?"

"In the flesh!" He chuckled, making you giggle. "Do you want to maybe get coffee some time? I'd like to get to know you," he flashed you his smile again.

"Of course! I'd love that!"

You exchanged numbers with him and parted ways. You eventually left the store after buying a drink and a frozen pizza to make for dinner. You swung the bag around your arm as you started your walk home. You smirked as you thought about all that had happened.

----------

After popping the pizza into the oven, you decided to get on your laptop and watch YouTube. The longing to see Dark again had become overwhelming, so you decided to see if Markiplier had posted anything. There was a new challenge video and you eagerly clicked it. It opened up with Mark's normal intro, and he explained that he was playing Mario Maker. Your mood instantly dropped when you realized what was happening. Then, you saw yourself in the background, struggling in the chair you had been strapped in. You couldn't bear to watch it, so you scrolled down to the comment section. Most of the comments were fangirling about Darkiplier, but a few were questioning who you were. You clicked out of the video and sighed. You scrolled through Mark's channel until you landed on the last video you had watched by him. "Markiplier: The Movie" began playing on your laptop as you watched it. You relived that first night that you watched this and sighed. You found yourself missing Dark when his part in the video came up. After the video, you closed it and sighed.

"What am I doing?" You spoke out loud to yourself. "Why do I feel this way over a demon? I shouldn't feel this way. I-" you were cut off by your phone buzzing. You snatched it and saw that it was a text from Tyler.

Ty: It was great seeing you today! Let me know whenever you're free so we can get coffee together :)

You began to type a reply when a voice rang in your head.

I wouldn't do that if I were you, Princess.

You swallowed, knowing who that voice was. You shook your head.

You don't control me. I can do whatever the hell I want. I don't need you.

You smiled to yourself, thinking you had won.

I don't think you understand the power I have over you, Princess. I can make you do things. I can make you want things.

You heard his dark chucke in the back of your mind.

Even now I have control over your mind, and you don't even know it.

You looked down at your phone to see your fingers hastily typing a message to Tyler. It was a disgusting death threat, and even though you used all the willpower in you, you couldn't stop it. Just before you hit send, you cried out.

"Stop it, Dark! Don't hurt him! Just let me see you again, dammit. You're driving me insane."

You heard a dark chuckle ring in your ears.

I'm glad you're finally warming up to me.