The End

2 years later

I put the chopped veggies to the side and run to the phone that's ringing wildly.
"Don't worry, I'll get it!" I yell out sarcastically and have to bite my lip to control the laugh from spilling when I hear the response.
"You do that!"

I answer the call and smile when I hear the cheerful laughter of Casper from the other end and the thumping of footsteps. I hear Natalie in the background yell, "Come back here! I thought we paused the game! And I'm not even it! You're it! Come back here!"

More laughter comes from Casper and I smile as I shake my head.
He was growing up. He started school last week and loved every day of it.
He was learning new games as well. These days he was obsessed with Tag and asked Natalie and Joe if they could play it at home. Being the loving parents they were, they agreed.
I'm now guessing they regret that decision.

"Hello?" The cheeky voice of Casper echoes through the phone and I can't help the huge smile taking over my face.
"Hi Casper."

"IF YOU DONT GIVE ME THAT PHONE RIGHT NOW, IM TELLING DADDY YOU LET BUZZ PLAY WITH HIS FAVOURITE SOCKS!"

The laughter and running stops and Casper responds to his clever mother, "But Mommy, I didn't know Buzz would destroy them."
I don't hear anything and I can only assume Natalie is shrugging her shoulders. I hear a defeated sigh and seconds later Natalie's voice fills my ears as I hear her tell Casper to give her a hug.
"Hey Wills," she chirps and I laugh as I greet her back.

"How's the pregnancy going?" I ask, knowing how difficult it can be. But luckily Joe had taken some time off from work to help out with Casper and with things around the house.

"It's going great. I mean, if you put the vomiting, the backache, the cravings and the mood swings to the side, it's a breeze." Natalie response nonchalantly and I can just about imagine her throwing her legs on the couch and shrugging her shoulders as she rests her head on one of the pillows.
"Aw, I wish I was there to help out." I play with the telephone cord as guilt rushes in.

"Oh don't be stupid! I'm doing great! And Joe is super cute. He painted my toe nails last night because I was fussing over how I couldn't even see my toes anymore let alone paint them," she chuckles and I control an 'aw' at that. "But enough enough about that, how's Italy?"

"Everything is great. Never better, actually." I reply as a small smile forms on my face.

We talk for some time and say our goodbyes when she notices Casper getting cuddly and cranky, telling me she needs to put him to bed.

I walk to the hall and go the second room on my left, breathing in the smell of paint and the sight of my wonderful boyfriend sitting in front of a canvas, brows furrowed as he intently focuses on the masterpiece-in-the- making in front of him.

I clear my throat and his eyes zoom in on me and a wide toothy grin spreads across his face. He puts the paintbrush on the pallet and walks over to me, arms wrapping around my waist and tugging me into his chest.
I rest my head on his chest and he kisses it and rests his cheek on it after.

Life had improved immensely in the past two years. I joined online schooling a short while after the hospital incident and couldn't be happier. I am now in college and currently on spring break. So in the mean time, Theodore and I are going from place to place, while Theodore tends to his Dad's business, which he has decided to take over completely as Josh was more enthusiastic about becoming a writer.
Our current stop is Italy and it's stunning, to say the least.

I break out of my thoughts when I feel Theodore squeeze my body to his own. I pull apart slowly, and he whines childishly as I step back. I roll my eyes playfully and grab his hand, "Dinner's ready."
He smiles and lets me lead him to be living room. I tell him to sit on the couch while I bring the food out but he refuses and insists on helping me. I reluctantly agree and he smirks victoriously.

As we eat our dinner while watching tv, I look at him and smile, "I'm glad you got back to painting."

He looks at me as he swallows and whispers back as he gazes at me with soft eyes, "It was hard not to. I found my inspiration, after all."

I raise one eyebrow, "Oh? And what might that be?"

He leans in a little and as his hand cups the side of my face and strokes my cheek, he whispers, "You."

I blush profusely and he presses a tender kiss to my cheek, licking it afterwards which makes me giggle and push his face away. He kisses my palm as it's resting on his face and smiles into it.

After dinner, we cuddle up on the couch together and Theodore wraps us in a warm, fluffy blanket.
As I'm scrolling through the channels, I freeze when I stop on one that brings back memories.
It's The Model Academy. They're doing interviews of the newly selected models for this year. They look skinny. Was I like that back then?

A warm hand runs through my hair and massages my scalp. I tilt my head back and smile at Theodore. He smiles back but I don't miss the concern flash through his eyes.
I kiss his cheek, "I'm fine."

And this time, I mean it.

I shake my head, smiling at the tv and flip to the next channel. In a way, that's what I did in life.
This is my new channel. With Theodore, who loves me and makes the voices go away, whenever they make their occasional appearance. With Natalie, Joe and Casper who truly love me and are always there for me whether it's to cheer me up or if it's to tell me I'm always welcome at their place and of course, the reassurance Joe gave me if anything goes wrong with Theodore that he'll be more than happy to kick his ass. But that won't be needed. Theodore shows me how much he loves me every day.

Mom and Dad called a month ago. They're both doing fine. They still don't talk to me and aren't as nice and loving as I had hoped but it's something. Theodore is the one who convinced me that life's too short for not talking to each other, so taking in his advice I called them and to say they were surprised and very angry would be an understatement. Of course, we're not all happy with each other right now but with time I hope we get there.

Mackenzie, my bully is still in school. The principal had seen what was going on and all evidence against her proved her wrong. As punishment, the principal failed her and so she had to start her grade all over again after a year's suspension. I never saw her again after that.

I cuddle close to Theodore and close my eyes, falling asleep like I do every night.

This is the end.
But also the start.

It's the end of the sad, miserable girl who let people walk over her, who felt so alone.
It's the start of a girl who has friends, has her love by her side and has people standing right behind her to support her in anything.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Oh, and I'm still chubby. Theodore calls me 'his chubby.'
And I like it that way. I love it, to be honest.