Slime

I groan out in pain as my neck twitches in pain as I take my bag off of my shoulder and sit on the bed.

*knock knock*

"Um,yeah?" I ask frowning in confusion. Why would anyone knock?

"Aunt Lilo?" asked the innocent voice of my beautiful nephew. "Can I come in?"

I hopped off the bed, almost groaning out in pain because I forgot about my neck. I opened the door and smiled at him, "You don't need to ask Casper. You can come in any time you want, Okay?"
He smiles and nods and then shows me a container which contains some sort of pink and purple liquid.
I raise my brows at the container and then smile at him, "whatya got there?"

He grins wide and exclaims excitedly, "Slime!!"

Oh dear.

•••

"Why do people find this entertaining," I say, completely grossed out by the glue on my hands.

"I don't know," Casper shrugs his shoulders and slaps his hands together, combining the different pieces of slime in his hands.
I wipe my hands with a paper towel and look at him, engulfed in his own world with the glob in his hand.
Childhood is bliss.

"Woah, what's going on here?" Theodore looks in my room as he's passing by and hears Casper laughing when I struggle with a piece of glob.
Casper stops laughing and gasps as he spots Theodore leaning against the door frame and runs after him. Holding a piece of slime.

Theodore picks him up with one hand and takes the slime with the other. I look at them from my position on the floor and smile as I hear Casper shriek with laughter as Theodore boops his nose with a piece of slime.

"Casper! Honey, nap time!" Natalie says as she walks into my room and ruffles Theodore's hair.
"Aw," Casper pouts and looks at Theodore for help but all Theodore does is shrug. "Mommy, I'm playing with slime."
Natalie smiles at him and takes him from Theodore, "I know, baby. But you can play after your nap."
"Okay," Casper mumbles in her shoulder and waves at Theodore and me.
We wave back and Theodore kisses his forehead, "Bye, champ."

When they leave, it gets quiet. The awkward kind.
"How was school?" Theodore asks me as he takes a seat across from me on the floor.

I nod my head, at least I try to with my stiff neck which now feels like it's on fire. "It was good." A sudden thought hits me.

Which school does he go to?

"Which school?" I start to say but he cuts me off with a slight chuckle.
"I don't go to school. I joined online school so I could travel and help Joe handle Dad's business."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know your dad-" I say but again I'm cut off when he gently mumbles,

"He's till alive. Just enjoying his old age, as he puts it." He smiles at me and crosses his legs in a cross-cross applesauce position.

I smile at him and stare at the glob Casper left behind. Just looking at it makes me feel nauseous, never mind playing with it.

"Hey, what's the time?" Theodore asks me and I look at him. Wondering how I can tell him without having to turn my neck toward the right, where the wall clock is.
I go to grab my phone but realize that it's on the nightstand which is right next to Theodore's head.
I try to turn my neck but I can't. Not without scrunching my eyes shut in pain and that will create suspicion.
So, I move my whole body toward the clock and then tell him the time.
When I turn my body back toward him, he's observing my movements with a knowing look in his eyes and I see him nod a little to himself.
"What happened?" He asks quietly as his eyebrows furrow slightly.
"Nothing. What makes you think something happened?" I ask, my voice a pitch higher than my normal tone.
He looks at me in an expression that clearly scream: are you kidding me right now?

"You aren't moving your neck toward your right which clearly means you either pulled a muscle or you hate looking at your right. The latter seems really unlikely," he speaks in one breath and pauses to sit up a little. "Now, tell me what happened or I'm going to tell Natalie what's going on."

I sigh, aggravated at how nosey he is and yet, grateful that someone cares.
"Nothing happened," I speak, surprised at how strong and firm my voice came out. "I pulled a muscle when I got up a little too quickly in the morning."

He eyes me suspiciously, not yet convinced with my lie but I had read an article online on psychology actions on what a person does when he lies and that was to keep eye contact. So that's what I do. Looking into his eyes wasn't a hard task at all.
His eyes were very soothing to look at.

He nods his head after a couple of minutes and that breaks me out of the stare. I scolded myself at how stupid I was being. I probably looked like an idiot looking at his eyes like that. Oh well.

Seriously, he has gorgeous eyes.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Thanks for reading,
Teddy🐾