The Wish

⚠️warning!⚠️ This chapter contains violence.
Be careful, reader....

The moment I stepped through the entrance, everyone stopped whatever they were doing and looked at me. Some were smiling mischievously and some were sending looks of pity my way. I was confused. What was happening?

My question was answered when the same blonde girl from yesterday walked over to me, the rest of the students gluing themselves to the lockers, so as not to come in her way; afraid that her wrath might rain down on them. What a bunch of cowards.

"So you're back?" She sneered at me as she stood in front of me with her hands on her perfectly shaped hips. "Didn't you understand what I said yesterday?" She asks as she pretends to be concerned. She then cups her perfectly manicured hands around her mouth and yells loudly, "WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE!" she repeats it a second time, then raises her hands in an up and down motion signaling for the rest to join in, which the crowd joins her in the chanting.

I look at all of them and not say a word. Not that it would've mattered. They couldn't hear me over their loud chanting. Blondie smirked at me as the chanting continued, somehow getting louder.

When I couldn't take the chanting anymore, I tried to walk past her but she grabbed my arm and slammed my body towards the entrance door, which I realized is now locked. Who the hell locked them?

I looked at her with wide eyes filled to the brim with fear which I'm sure boosted her ego. She slowly stepped toward me and shoved me against the door again. I hit my head and winced in pain. Next, she wrapped her hands around my throat and squeezed with a surprising amount of strength. Her long almond shaped nails were digging excruciatingly in my skin, leaving marks for sure. My throat started closing up when she applied more pressure and she chuckled heartlessly.
I start clawing at her hand but it proved useless as I didn't have nails as sharp as her.
I didn't have nails at all. Afraid at thought of hurting Casper with my nails or someone else, I never grow them.

Darkness was covering my vision from the corner of my eyes. My struggles were starting to grow slow and lazy. Just as the darkness was about to win, she let me go abruptly which made me collapse on the floor, a coughing and gasping mess. Tears were flowing down my face against my will while I kept trying to greedily inhale as much oxygen as I can to get my lungs to start functioning normally.

I couldn't hear the chanting anymore and looked up slowly to see no one there. It was jut me and blondie.

From my position on the floor, i saw her stilettos right next to me face. They were a neon green which made me nauseous just by looking at them.

I hate neon colors. They're too sharp and hard on the eyes.

I prefer pastel colors. They're so soft and gentle on the eyes.

As I was still recovering on the floor, the blonde demon thought it wasn't enough so she kicks me on my ribs hard which has me gasping, as I've not fully recovered. She doesn't stop at one kick. She keeps kicking me.

At this point, I'm curled up on the floor in a fetal position. Hoping, praying for her to stop. The bell rings and eventually her kicking stops which has me sighing in relief, as much as possible with my now crack ribs.

Before she leaves, she bends down to my level and whispers in my ear, "you'll never be good enough to be liked or appreciated by anyone." Then she saunters away. I can hear her stilettos clicking against the floor as I close my eyes to try and control myself from screaming out in pain.

I wonder how many cracked ribs I've got.

•••

To say walking home was painful would be an understatement.

The pain was too much every time I breathed and it got worse when I applied pressure as I walked. I nearly fell a few times but managed to stay upright with the support of the street lampposts.

I left my bag in my locker. There was no way I could have carried it with me today. I can barely walk right now and adding more weight would've killed me for sure.

When I saw the house, I wanted to fist pump in the air with joy but refrained myself when I almost fell again.

I slowly made my way up the stairs to the porch, while wincing every step I took. I rang the door bell, remembering that I forgot my keys in my backpack.
As I leaned on the door, failing to stand upright anymore I wondered how I'll explain this injury to Natalie.

I'll just say that we were playing basketball and I fell hard on my right rib. Yeah. That should do.

The door flew open, and since I was leaning on it; I fell into the person's arms and let out a yelp as the person caught me and my hand dug into my injured rib.

Thank God, it wasn't Casper.

"Woah!" The voice of my savior exclaimed as they caught me and it took me a second to realize who it was. Theodore.

"Hey, are you alright?" He asked me with concern and gently moved my face which was on his shoulder, toward my right so he could examine my face.

I opened my eyes as I gasped for air and winced before answering, "my rib."

The concern in his eyes grew and mixed with another emotion: anger.

"Who did this?" He asked me as he held me by the waist with his one arm and cradled my head with his other. "Tell me the name of the person I'll be murdering tonight." He let out huskily, his voice filled with rage which he was desperately trying to control.

What I admired, at that moment was that even though he was boiling mad, his hands were extremely gentle. They seemed to grow even more careful as I gasped in pain.

When I whimpered in pain once again, he immediately picked me up and gently cradled my form to his body and closed the door shut with his foot as he walked over to the living room and lay me on the couch, making sure the pillow under my head was comfortable.

He didn't walk away.

Instead, he crouched down so that his head was next to mine and asked me once more as he caresses my cheek, "Who did this?"

I took a shaky breath in and answered, "I fell, while playing basketball."

He glares at me as I say this and moves his face slightly closer, "Don't. Lie." I'm shocked at how he knows I was lying. I didn't give away any signs that tell you a person is lying.

"I'm not," I say meekly and look away from his intense gaze. He sighs and gets up, and then walks away without another word. I look at the the dining table from my position on the living room couch and can't help but feel sad that he walked away. I didn't want him to walk away. I thought for a second that maybe he cared.

Him talking to me and helping made me feel like maybe someone -other than Natalie, Joe and Casper- actually cares.

How stupid of me.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
I got the inspiration for this chapter as I'm currently sprawled on my bed, groaning because I'm bored and hearing my stomach growl.
Inspiration comes to me at the most peculiar of times.
Don't forget to comment and vote if you liked this chapter.
Thanks for reading,
Teddy 🐾