The Model Academy

Today is Monday. And Monday is a pain. But not just Monday. Oh no. Every day of school is torture.

For me, at least.

These were my thoughts as I got ready for another day of hell. You wanna know what makes this hell bearable??

Friends. Pals. Buddies. Chums.

And sadly for me. I don't got any. The only friend I ever had was in kindergarten. Or at least, I thought I did. There was this girl who was from Germany named Mila played dolls with me. I thought I finally made a friend after sitting alone on the see-saw. I was ecstatic.

But then, the next day I found out that her best friend was absent and so she saw me and decided to pass the time. That hurt. A lot. My five year old self wondered why no one ever wanted to sit on the see-saw with me.

Mila goes to my school as well. She's dating a jock. And her best friend since kindergarten, Candice is also dating a jock. They're all mean and of course with mean-ness, comes popularity.

So yeah, they're the popular group who everyone is intimidated by.

Which group am I in? Oh none. See, I'm also famous in school. Notoriously famous.
Hi. I'm Willow Anderson. The 'chubby' of the school. Who no one wants to be seen around. I mean, would you want to hang around with the person who gets bullied and name-called in school? Yeah, thought not.

I mean, yeah. I do wish my life would've been different. I wish I had friends, a nice boyfriend. Parents who supported me. I guess the famous saying: you can't always get what you want is true.

I put my head down and avoid making eye contact with any one as I make my way to my locker. I insert the key and twist it open. I never really bothered to decorate my locker, again. I did it once but someone broke into it and destroyed everything inside as well as the decorations outside. So I never really bothered to do it again. I don't mind it, though. It makes it easier to locate mine because it's the only grey and plain one. Just like me compared to the rest of the students in the school.

I sighed as I grabbed all the books I needed for today and slammed my locker door shut. Twisting the lock back into place and putting the keys back into the safety of my bag. Sometimes I wish I could hide in my bag. The thought is quite tempting but as badly as I wish for it to be possible, it isn't.

I made my way into physics class and took a seat way at the back. Makes it easy for me to avoid getting teased. I made the mistake of sitting in one of the middle rows once and Candice was behind me. She kept pushing my head forward with the palm of her hand. She did it so violently this one push when I felt myself pull a muscle. That shit hurt.

I took out my notebook and began jotting down notes as the professor kept going on and on about Newton's Laws and whatnot.

I just want to go home and cuddle with my pillow as I listen to music.

•••

I walked through the door, I took my shoes off and walked into the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. I grabbed some lettuce and other ingredients; deciding to fix myself a quick sandwich.

As I was eat my sandwich and watching My Little Pony, I got a text from Natalie:

How is my baby sister doing?

I smiled at that and replied,

Good. How're you? And Casper? And Joe?

A few minutes later she texts back:

We're all great. Casper misses you. And Joe sends you a hug.

Aww. Give him a hug from me as well! And tell Casper I love him.

I will. So, what're your plans for spring break?

Well, The Model Academy has admissions open during Spring Break and I was wondering if I should try out for it.

Oh hell yeah! They would defo let you in. I mean, you have that adorable baby face and those gorgeous blue eyes.

Lol. You're the only one who thinks that.

Come on, haters are always going to hate. You have to learn how to not let them control your life.

I guess you're right. But what about Mom and Dad?

I'll deal with them. If need be. You do what you want to do. I'll always be there for you. Never doubt that, baby sis. <3

I smile wide and send her many hearts and kissy emojis.

She send them back and after that she tells me she has to go help Casper build a fort he's been dying to build for days.

After saying our goodbyes, I go upstairs to my room and look up The Modeling Academy online.

Admission open during Spring Break (February, March, April) for students all over the world.

I sigh and close the laptop. I decide to take a nap and talk to mom and dad about this at dinner tonight.

Modeling has been my dream. It makes me wonder, if I ever become a successful model; if the bullying and the teasing would come to an end. I'm hoping it will.

Maybe becoming a model might prove that I'm not chubby. And that I am model material. That maybe someone out there thinks I'm good looking.

I want this.
I want this so bad.