five*

*Norah's POV*

"It's beautiful," I murmured as we stood at the edge of the roof. The fog was nearly nonexistent, making every single star in the sky glimmer and sparkle above us. There were millions, maybe even billions, and I couldn't help but sigh as I looked at them.

"I knew you'd like it," he grinned. He was standing next to me, our shoulders touching just barely, but I could feel the warmth radiating off of him.

The wind picked up suddenly and I shivered, wrapping my arms tightly around myself as my cheeks went numb. It was always cold this time of year, but this year brought record low temperatures and I was definitely feeling it right now.

"It's freezing," Gretchen shivered as she approached us. Harry immediately shrugged out of his sweatshirt and draped it around her shoulders, patting her on the head when he was done.

"Seriously?" I muttered as he stood next to me again.

"What?" His eyes widened slightly and he looked absolutely adorable as he raked his fingers through his hair.

"I've been shivering all night and you didn't even offer me your sweatshirt."

"I...I didn't want you to be warm," he said quietly. I raised my eyebrows at him and he shoved his hands in his pockets, biting his lip as he stepped closer to me.

"And why is that?"

"Because then you wouldn't need to stand so close to me."

I dropped my hands to my sides, my eyes rolling as he grinned at me.

"You're lucky you're so smooth, Styles," I shook my head. "Or I probably would have pushed you off this roof."

"Norah," Gretchen's voice whined. "Can we please go now?"

"Yeah," Harry answered for me. "Ready, Nor?"

I nodded and we trudged back down to the car, all of us shivering once inside the dark interior. Harry held both my hands in his larger ones, blowing gently on them as I continued to shake.

His dark eyes met mine and I couldn't stop my mouth from opening slightly. He was so hot and only inches away from my lips, his mouth twitching into a smirk as he watched me squirm under his intense gaze.

"Can you two stop being weird and drive me home, please?" Gretchen grumbled from the back seat. "It's like midnight."

"Past your bedtime?" Harry teased with a grin.

"Shut up."

"Don't be rude," I scolded playfully. She kicked the back of my seat and I spun around, trying to hit her arm as we both laughed.

"Norah, sit down," Harry chuckled. "You're distracting me."

"It's my rockin hot body, isn't it?" I mused, slouching back in my seat as we turned onto our street. He shot me a look and I nodded knowingly as he shook his head.

"Did your mom get a new car?" Harry frowned when we pulled into his driveway. I lived only twenty feet away from him so you could easily see my house from his, making it that much easier to spot the strange white mustang in my driveway.

"Um, no," I said quietly, clearing my throat as I opened the door.

"Then who is it?"

I stayed silent, his eyes rolling as he slammed his door shut and yanked open Gretchen's door.

"Harry-" I began warily.

"Just don't," he cut me off, his eyebrows pulled down in frustration. "Gretchen, go wait inside with my mum, I'll be there in just a minute."