15~Smartass that A-hole Hates

Start from the beginning

Crappity crap crap.

Taehyung stopped up short as his eyes landed on Jin beyond my shoulder.

"Seokjin."

"Taehyung."

It was like a cold frigid blast of air entered the room and stayed there.

The two tall, handsome men stood facing each other. Their eyes burning holes into each other's in contrast to the cheerful sunlight spilling in from outside.

Finally Taehyung spoke, his voice hard and emotionless. "What are you doing here?"

Jin gave a small, devilish smirk. "Bit of a rude question to ask the former CEO to the very company you're a CEO of now, isn't it?"

Double crappity crap crap.

Former CEO? As in, the smartass Jin used to work at Lumineux and was the CEO of the company if it hadn't been for... for what? Whatever made him leave, or rather, kicked him out of the company, I could already tell there was a lot of drama involved.

Taehyung scoffed. "I don't have time for this. Leave this building at once and don't come back." I hopped a few steps back as Taehyung began to march in my direction.

"Now hang on." I tensed as Jin suddenly slipped next to my side and laid a hand on my shoulder. "What do you think you're doing?"

Taehyung stopped up short, shock crossing his face before he managed to get his features back under control. "Y-you can see her?"

"Yes I can see her!" Jin rolled his eyes, voice sounding exasperating. "I am not that old that my sight is failing me. Why do you both keep asking me that?"

Taehyung's eyes met mine, and before I remembered I was pissed at him, I shrugged a little.

"I take it you were the cause for her ankle injury?" Jin's voice was smooth and like ice.

"You hurt your ankle?" Taehyung asked me gruffly.

"No thanks to you," I retorted, more venom in my words than probably necessary. Oh well.

Before anyone could say anything else the sound of something clattering to the floor echoed loudly in the lobby and all three of us turned to look at Jung Hoseok. He had dropped his clipboard and was staring at Jin.

"Hey Hoseok," Jin waved arrogantly. "Miss me?"

"Uh..." Hoseok looked at loss and looked over at Taehyung with wide eyes.

"Hoseok, find either Jungkook or Namj- Chairman," Taehyung caught his words at the last minute to honorifics.

"Y-yes sir," Hoseok nodded, quickly slipping away leaving the clipboard and spilled papers on the floor.

"Really?" Jin's tone was dry as a desert now as he turned back to Taehyung. "Jungkook? What, are you going to literally have him grab me by my collar and toss me out of the building like in those cartoons?"

"Watch me," Taehyung jerked his chin defiantly and resumed his move towards me.

"Taehyung, I-" I began to hop back a little away from him, panicking a little.

"Hey, kid, back up," Jin snapped at Taehyung, slipping in front of me, shielding me.

"Don't get in the way, Jin," Taehyung was now a foot away from Jin and both were practically exact each other's heights. "And don't call me a kid."

"Then stop acting like one," Jin fired back. "If I can guess what happened between you and this girl, you threw another tantrum because of something and winded up injuring her in the crossfire."

Damn, this smartass really was a smartass.

I was still debating whether that was a good thing or not.

"Kim Seokjin!"

Namjoon was entering the lobby followed closely by Hoseok and Yoongi.

"Kim Namjoon," Jin lifted his head a little, whether in mock or respect, I couldn't tell. Maybe it was mock respect.

"I'm leaving Mr. Chairman," Taehyung stated, his voice with no room for argument.

I gave a small cry as Taehyung grabbed my wrist- the wrist grabbing seriously needed to stop- and began to tug me after him.

"You're going to really let him walk away dragging that poor girl behind him?" Jin snorted. "Your guys' moral codes have lowered more than I expected during my absence. This was why I staked my claim as mother of the company."

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "You have no idea the embarrassment for us to call you 'Mama Jinnie' in public was back then. I was about ready to confess my sins in public for crying out loud," he said right at the same time Hoseok frowned a little. "What girl?" he asked.

Hoseok's comment made Jin pause and by then Taehyung and I had left the building.

I yelped in shock as Taehyung abruptly scooped me up bridal style in his arms.

"Dammit, you asshole, put me down!" I cried out.

"I'm not letting you go any time soon, guardian angel," was his reply.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚: