Wendy

Chapter 10

"Hey Tara," I smiled.

"Hey".

"So what's that I hear about a restraining order?"

It had simply been moments since I had reached the hospital, and I was already hearing about something serious about my friend's past.

"Oh don't worry. It's in all the past. Just some guy became a little too attached to say the least".

"Sounds disturbing. Are you worried about that he'll come here?"

"No. I'm sure I'm just a little paranoid".

"Okay, well if you're sure-"

"I'm sure".

"Well I guess I'll see you later. I'm gonna go check on Abel and Wendy".

"Okay. See you later".

~

"Hey Wendy," I said after entering her room. I had already seen Abel, who was still tiny as ever, and now it was time to see Wendy. Flowers were in hand with a 'Get Well Soon' balloon attached that I found within the hospital. It wasn't a lot but it was enough for Wendy to know that I was thinking of her.

"Tess, it's good to see you. How's your boy?"

"He's good. How are you feeling?"

"Tired".

I slowly headed towards her.

"I brought you some flowers".

"Thanks," Wendy smiled before receiving the gift from my arms. "Get well soon, huh? You know I'm not sick, right?"

"Well there aren't any balloons that say recovering from overdose".

Wendy looked hurt by that before I instantly felt bad. I did not mean to hurt Wendy, but at the same time, I still felt like it was her fault for what happened to Abel... well, maybe not completely. But her overdose did cause more damage to Abel.

"I'm sorry, Wendy".

"No, it's okay. You're right, I did this. Abel is in this position because of me. Gemma sure reminds me of that".

"She's just scared. Abel's condition is concerning".

"Speaking of Abel, have you seen him?"

I immediately sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Is he okay?"

"Abel's fine. He's a fighter, I can tell. He'll be out of here before you know it".

"Just not with me," Wendy said just as I heard the door open.

My head spun around to see Gemma, standing by the door.

"Mind if I have a minute alone with Wendy?"

I nodded. "Sure".

I quickly arose from the bed and wished Wendy luck in her recovery before exiting through the door. I then began heading down to find the teenage girl who had been raped before all of a sudden, my phone began to ring.

"Hello?"

"Tess, this is Rachel. So we have contacted all the chefs and other members of staff for the restaurant. They are all extremely excited to meet you. Will you be able to come tomorrow morning to get this all set up? We still have work to be done here, but I'm sure the staff would love to meet you. We could make any extra changes if needed, and then we could..." Rachel went on for a while. I tried to stay as focused as possible but I suddenly felt a tight grip on my heart. It wrenched back and forth until I felt it slow. The pain flooded throughout my body and before I knew it, I was on the ground struggling to breathe until my eyes finally met total darkness.

Sorry this chapter was short but I've just started writing it again. Hopefully it will improve as I publish more chapters :)